Summer in Oregon

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I know you've all missed me. It feels like a long time...just a few daze I guess...I have expanded Mary's areas, it has lots of weeds and grasses. So I know some of you have seen this type of photo before...but I swear I took these pictures about 2 weeks ago...DSCN0354.JPG
She is totally stuck. Her face and front feet are stuck way in the tire. And her butt is hooked on the tire inside. So I laughed, ran in for the camera, and as I walked back up to take a picture I realized she was in trouble. Evidently she'd been in there for a while. She was foaming from her mouth, she'd do that jump thing that they do and then she be still, with her mouth open and kinda snorting like a bulldog.She'd pooped and peed all over See...no room...stuck tightDSCN0353.JPG
DSCN0351.JPGSo when I realized that, I started trying to get her out. How in the heck did she manage to get in??? She was really stuck...I wasn't doing anything but making myself tired...lol (tired) but yet I couldn't see a way to get her out...both front and back were stuck way inside the tire. So while I stayed calm, inside I was freaking out...so I run out to the street...looking for somebody home...aha! My neighbor is out having his morning smoke...I get him and now we are both standing like idiots just staring...finally R*** says "she's really stuck, ain't she!" Got to love Oregonians. So neighbor #1 calls neighbor #2...now I have 2 old time bikers who can put a motorcycle together in a couple of hours...standing there staring at Mary...neighbor #2 says "he's really stuck ain't he?" oh hell...so all the sudden, without a word spoken, they grabbed the tire and tipped it on her face...shook the tire, her anal (?) whatever got unhooked and then they shook her hard and paalump...she came loose and smashed into the ground w/a face plant....she stayed like this for a good half an hour...I was getting ready to hose her, but she started acting ok.DSCN0356.JPG

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Too bad you can't find a used tractor tire ...the adventures of Mary knobbins continues.lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh man, I would have freaked. Yep, I agree with Yvonne, tire got to go, but I like Ink idea of a tractor tire. Well if you think she really likes them.

JoFisch

Platinum Tortoise Club
Washington
Could you cut through the tire on one side so she just can’t get stuck again?