super happy tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
belleville
hey guys i’m back lol, my tortoise turned 1 today !! he’s being as energetic as ever and even has started following me around the house whenever i have him walking about ( it rains a lot where i am and sometimes he needs to burn off some energy so i let him walk around it’s totally safe tho he’s always supervised) we are also in the process of building him a bigger enclosure because he grew FAST, and i feel for a tortoise as hyper as him he needs more room to run around, so the new enclosure is gonna be 5 ft by 2-2 1/2 ish feet ( gonna see what fits better in my room ) any suggestions for the new enclosure to make it more interesting and help him interact more (safely ofc ) he LOVES climbing no matter if it’s a shoe or a rock lol so any suggestions would be appreciated !!

Attachments

• 9BFD234A-9BAF-4DC5-80D8-4B8BDF5D4631.jpeg
    9BFD234A-9BAF-4DC5-80D8-4B8BDF5D4631.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 19
belleville
Make it 4x8 as that's the minimum it should be. Make it two levels if you have too.
he’s not even 5 inches big and he won’t grow more than 6 the thats why im doing the two levels and 5 feet, it’s literally impossible to keep him in and 4x8 bc that’s the size of like a normal room

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, even though they stay on the smaller side, they still roam and cover a lot of ground in the wild and do still need enough room. 4x8 is the smallest recommended they really could use bigger.
Doing a second level is a way to get to the same square footage of a 4x8.
Don't see where you mentioned two levels.

belleville
Yes, even though they stay on the smaller side, they still roam and cover a lot of ground in the wild and do still need enough room. 4x8 is the smallest recommended they really could use bigger.
Doing a second level is a way to get to the same square footage of a 4x8.
Don't see where you mentioned two levels.
update we are making it 6 feet long with two levels for extra walking space !