Swollen eyes after accidentally collide to wall

Sapsjoshi96

Location (City and/or State)
Ahmedabad
IMG_20201203_095612.jpg
My Indian star tortoise's mouth collides with the wall. After that, he is in complete shock. He is not eating anything and one eye is closed as you can see from the picture. We take him to the doctor, they gave him pain killer injections. From Last 2 days, he is not opening his eyes and not eating. Please give us a remedy or suggestions to make my tortoise heel faster, start eating, and open his eyes. Please do tell me if he is out of danger or not? Will he be okay?

Sapsjoshi96

Ahmedabad

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi, can you better explain how your tort collided with the wall. It will help people determine how traumatic or not the collision was and how much damage could have occurred. What caused the collision?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry, but there's just nothing I can imagine a tortoise doing that would be powerful enough to harm him bumping into a wall. They're just not strong enough. You're going to have to explain it better so I can understand. Did someone kick him against the wall? Did someone throw him against the wall? Was he dropped? We're not here to judge, but we need the real story, the whole story in order to give good information.

Sapsjoshi96

Ahmedabad
I'm sorry, but there's just nothing I can imagine a tortoise doing that would be powerful enough to harm him bumping into a wall. They're just not strong enough. You're going to have to explain it better so I can understand. Did someone kick him against the wall? Did someone throw him against the wall? Was he dropped? We're not here to judge, but we need the real story, the whole story to give good information.
Yes sir, the person who was carrying him and bringing him to us. He mistakenly hit him on the wall. So the damage occurs are his mouth has a crack, below the mouth there's a scratch, and eyelids are closed. Other than that his shell is scratched from the side. When he gets hit, he is not eating anything and even one eye is also closed. You can see the picture. This is what the closed eye looks like. Now I and my family are trying to open his eye but he is not opening. He is not able to eat food bcoz of a mouth injury. So what to do now? When he will open his eye

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Is that puss from the shell where it is chipped off?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, thank you. Now I have a better picture in mind of how this happened.

He's probably not eating because of the stress of what happened. He needs time to settle.

Soak him in warm water daily, keep him warm and quiet and cut his food into bite sized pieces so he doesn't have to stress the beak by biting.

I'm assuming you can't take him to the vet?

Reactions: Ink

Sapsjoshi96

Ahmedabad
Ok, thank you. Now I have a better picture in mind of how this happened.

He's probably not eating because of the stress of what happened. He needs time to settle.

Soak him in warm water daily, keep him warm and quiet and cut his food into bite sized pieces so he doesn't have to stress the beak by biting.

I'm assuming you can't take him to the vet?
No, we can take him to the vet. Over there the lady doctor gave him injections and apply medicine over his injury.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I would definitely follow Yvonne's advice. She has taken care of sick turtles and tortoises. I am sorry your tort got injured.