SWOLLEN TORTOISE EYES..

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Oh great thanks I will give it a try, my garden isn’t great for tony since it’s all stones and is quite sharp but we have a little grass which he goes on. But I can’t stand there watching him for an hour or 2 because I had a toddler lol, so I just bought an outside enclosure (122cm long) with a mesh lid so he will be safe. Yeah I’m going to add some plants and hides for him , do you know any safe plants and flowers to add? o… sounds like zola is living his best life, wow 22 he’s almost the same age as me! Is he a Russian?
No, Zola is a Hermanns, but they have very similar requirements to Russians. One thing about Russians, which you may not know, is that they love to escape. It isn't anything to do with the care given them - they just have this impulse programmed into their silly little brains ! No offence to Tony. They can climb amazingly well,can dig, and can find the most unlikely ways of getting out. So you must be very careful to make sure his enclosure is escape proof- and that your toddler doesn't do anything to help him !
Your child is lucky having a little friend that will hopefully be there all his/her life.
Best wishes
Angie