charliek

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Thanks for your help last time!

I'd like help working out how to suspend/mount/hold the Arcadia T8 18" 15w 12% D3 fluorescent bulb I've purchased, with an 18" Arcadia reflector. From spending ages reading multiple forum posts here, blogs and product pages, I still can't figure out how to suspend the bulb over the table, safely. Swell Reptiles sell the full kits, but for the wrong bulb, sadly. It's been tricky to find anything other than the Arcadia controller kits, which I doubt will work as I don't think they're intended to be used to suspend the bulb!

I am in the process of changing the whole lighting set up and along with this bulb, I've bought a 75w basking bulb, which I'm now also now questioning. I'm unsure if I've gone about this incorrectly, so if any one could guide me with this, it'd be really appreciated, thank you. I'd rather get it right 2nd time round!

I have one little Eastern Hermann Tortoise, about 1 year old. We have an enclosure, 1/4 covered, dimensions 96.8L x 56.9W x 33.3H. Coco coir & coco soil, water, varied foods, humidity meter, garden time (when warm in the UK) and enrichment. I want to make Dot as happy as possible and set them up for a good, healthy life.

Thanks again. :) 🐢🥰

P.S., there are some fluorescent bulb law changes in the UK, could this be causing an issue in finding the relevant product?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello! Do you mean t5? T8 bulbs aren’t as effective, for a yearling you’re also going to want a completely closed chamber set up, having it partially covered is going to be impossible to maintain the humidity you’re needing for a young tortoise. Am I right in saying the sizing is roughly 8x4 foot though? Because that’s a perfect size! Don’t suppose we could get a photo? Might help in coming up with a way for you to cover it, once I get a look at the set up I can also help with how to mount the uv, we have the Arcadia too🙂

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
If you type in Arcadia proT5 kit 12% the right one should come up for you in the uk, I’m from the uk too

Attachments

• IMG_1683.png
    IMG_1683.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 0

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Looking at length/wattage I would assume it's indeed a T8 lamp. When used with a reflector it should be at 12" inches above substrate. If height is 33 centimeters, not inches then, perhaps, easiest would be to place a wooden plank on side walls and screw in fixture to the plank.

Can you post photos of the lamp and fixture and tortoise enclosure?