Take your tortoise to work day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwfoss

5 Year Member
I am blessed to work in an office where everyone loves animals - and the boss is a tortoise owner!! So tomorrow, Daisy (my little Russian) will be accompanying me to work for the day! She has a temporary home complete with hide ready to do. Room for food and water. She will be getting plenty of exercise and socialization too!

And since I'm a counselor, that will make Daisy a therapy-Tortoise!

Pictures to follow...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
That is so cool. :cool: I'm thinking of taking one of mine to work towards the end of the year (when it gets warmer) so the kids can see them in person. :D Have fun Daisy. ;)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
rwfoss said:
I am blessed to work in an office where everyone loves animals - and the boss is a tortoise owner!! So tomorrow, Daisy (my little Russian) will be accompanying me to work for the day! She has a temporary home complete with hide ready to do. Room for food and water. She will be getting plenty of exercise and socialization too!

And since I'm a counselor, that will make Daisy a therapy-Tortoise!

Pictures to follow...

Very cool ....! .. I got my boss into torts as well!.... But I dont think he would be too hip if I brought in 17 of my "buddies"!:p
And ya know ... " ya just cant show favortisim" .. would be too hard to decide on which one too take!:p:p
Cant wait for the pics!
JD~:)

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
That is great! I've thought about taking my DTs into my classroom to give a presentation on their endangered status and such. Maybe this spring after CSTs - yuck!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
How fun! I bet my kindergartners would LOVE to meet Nelson :)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Yay! How you keeping her warm?

My husband brought out tort by my work one day after a vet visit. It was a day we had a lunch BBQ so it was perfect. They stayed for about an hour and Trevor got to sit out in the sun and ate a lettuce snack from the burgers they were making. hehe

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My tortoises go to work with me EVERYday. They live there.

Have fun. Sounds like a great place to work.

rwfoss

5 Year Member
tortoisenerd said:
Yay! How you keeping her warm?

My husband brought out tort by my work one day after a vet visit. It was a day we had a lunch BBQ so it was perfect. They stayed for about an hour and Trevor got to sit out in the sun and ate a lettuce snack from the burgers they were making. hehe

Here is AZ, we're in the 90's already. Our offices are on the warm side, but I'm bringing along a heat lamp just in case.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yeah, where're the photos of Daisy hanging out at the water cooler?

Making copies?

Pressing the phone buttons?

Spinning in the chair?

:D

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
Yeah, where're the photos of Daisy hanging out at the water cooler?

Making copies?

Pressing the phone buttons?

Spinning in the chair?

:D

Yeah, I wasn't able to upload them last night. My wife found a stray dog in the neighborhood yesterday and brought him to our back yard. We spend the night making him comfortable and getting flyers ready.

I didn't get too many pictures of Daisy, as it was pretty busy. However, the was a HIT! She is so outgoing and I think that surprised a lot of people. The great thing about her being like that is she will eat and drink like normal and not worry about what it going on around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.