Location (City and/or State)
Highland ca
Hey all! So I have a coconut fiber substrate for Lucy my boxie and I spray it down every morning to keep it moist but it dries up right away, should I soak it more thoroughly by pouring water in it? Help! Also what’s a good plant to put in there? Ty!!!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
how deep is it? It needs to be pretty deep. The deeper the easier it is to control. You than need to add water in it and mix it in. Keep doing that till all layers are moist not wet. You should be able to ball up the cocofiber and make a ball but not squeeze water out of it. Once you hit that balance it becomes much easier. Spraying daily helps, and turning the soil as need helps. Also putting string moss on the top layer could help keep the air from hitting the coco fiber substrate.

Kyle

Highland ca
how deep is it? It needs to be pretty deep. The deeper the easier it is to control. You than need to add water in it and mix it in. Keep doing that till all layers are moist not wet. You should be able to ball up the cocofiber and make a ball but not squeeze water out of it. Once you hit that balance it becomes much easier. Spraying daily helps, and turning the soil as need helps. Also putting string moss on the top layer could help keep the air from hitting the coco fiber substrate.

Kyle
Great! Where can I find that miss you think? It’s anout 1” thick in most places and deeper in some