Temperature

stacey richardson

is a temp. Of 90 too hot for him and I have a basking light for him should it be turned off at night

I have a baby Greek tortoise he's less than a year at least I'm from Regina sask. And today the temperature 31 pretty hot I read his temperature and it says 90 for the tempature and 57 for the humidity and also should his lights be turned off at night I keep his basking light on all night long but it's a white light and I'm hearing different things please help sitting at his c

stacey richardson

is a temp. Of 90 too hot for him and I have a basking light for him should it be turned off at night

I have a baby Greek tortoise he's less than a year at least I'm from Regina sask. And today the temperature 31 pretty hot I read his temperature and it says 90 for the tempature and 57 for the humidity and also should his lights be turned off at night I keep his basking light on all night long but it's a white light and I'm hearing different things please help

Franco F

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York, New York
Sorry it's taken so long for anyone to get back to you. I beleive room temperature is adequate enough for a baby tortoise at night. Just don't let it go below the low 70s. I have all my lights on a timer and allow them to go off the same time the sun usually sets. Also, I wouldn't let it get way past the 90s during the day as well. Since your tort is a baby, he can easily become dehydrated. If you can get the humidity up to 70, that would be good for the little guy too. @stacey richardson

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

I have a baby Greek tortoise he's less than a year at least I'm from Regina sask. And today the temperature 31 pretty hot I read his temperature and it says 90 for the tempature and 57 for the humidity and also should his lights be turned off at night I keep his basking light on all night long but it's a white light and I'm hearing different things please help sitting at his c

90 where? Ambient or under the basking lamp?

Yes the light should be off at night. If the temperature is too low, you can add a ceramic heating element set on a reptile thermostat to keep ambient night temps where you want them.

I typed this up for russians, but care is the same:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/

This will help too:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/