Temporary Setup

J3ny4

Location (City and/or State)
Foothills of South Carolina, USA
Hi,
Rupert and I are in a bad situation atm. The heat went out recently and it's going to be a bit over a week for someone to fix it. As a result his normal enclosure is waaay below temperature. The house is fine for the mammals, but not him.
I put him in the bathtub of the only room I can keep warm (no way I can move his 400lb enclosure)
Is this an ok setup for him for a week or two until I get his usual setup fixed? It's 95°F (35°C) on one end and 76°F (24°C) on the other, with a thermostat on the hot end and a bluetooth temp/humidity monitoring device on the other.20220130_103323.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hey, you do what you can do. Temps are key & it looks like you have that figured out. I would move to a smaller enclosure with a lid - your tort looks pretty small. So, no electricity ? Or your heater went kaput?

J3ny4

Foothills of South Carolina, USA
Hey, you do what you can do. Temps are key & it looks like you have that figured out. I would move to a smaller enclosure with a lid - your tort looks pretty small. So, no electricity ? Or your heater went kaput?
Heater went kaput, has to be fully replaced. House (except that room) is in the mid 50s °F atm.
He is pretty small, Russian Tortoise. He's about the size of my spread-finger hand.
The lid is definitely a good idea, I'm going to try to work on that.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Heater went kaput, has to be fully replaced. House (except that room) is in the mid 50s °F atm.
He is pretty small, Russian Tortoise. He's about the size of my spread-finger hand.
The lid is definitely a good idea, I'm going to try to work on that.

Yeah. Make your enclosure as small as can easily hold the lights, etc. At least you have electricity. At least it’s all temporary. Good luck

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You should be fine for a few days.