TFO's Fourth Anniversary: Arizona Get-Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Attention Arizona (and surrounding area) TFO members.

We would like to coordinate a get together/potluck event. If you have an interest please respond to this thread along with a recommendation for a meeting place. Rumor is that if enough people are interested, the man behind the curtain, the great and powerful Josh might make an appearance. :)

I'm in Mesa off of Country Club and the 60, I am willing to meet anywhere in the valley though. I'm thinking Late August, September, October when the weather is a little better. If you have any recommendations on dates, post that here as well.

moochie

5 Year Member
RE: Arizona - TFO Anniversary Get Together

Neal said:

We would like to coordinate a get together/potluck event. <clip>

I live in Glendale and am interested in a get-together... especially if we wait until after the monsoon's and it cools off ;) Mark

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona

Neal,
We are game! I am in the far west valley but we can meet anywhere. Any time except the last week of Sept. works for us.

Anyone else up for BBQ?
35iof84.jpg

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona

I am in SouthEast AZ, near Tucson, but I am willing ot travel :)

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ

I am in scottsdale, arizona and Wilbur (my tort) and I would love to come. I think it would be so much fun!

August would work best for me, as I am going to hawaii in september for my cousins wedding.

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona

Sounds like a great idea.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona

Tempe Town Lake? I've never actually been there, but I assume they have park areas and places to hang out right?

Mick, bring that sucker along. I'll go for some BBQ. Let's say One of the first couple of weekends in September, if it's not too close to the California picnic so Josh can make it.

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona

I think I should be able to make it if I can drag my rug rats along. :) I'm in the far east valley and open for most weekends. October can be hit and miss because I have so so much to do to get everything ready for Halloween. :D (I'm a huge Halloween nut)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona

I'll be bringing my 2 year old along, along with some tortoises maybe.

helenab

5 Year Member

Hi, I live in Oro Valley and am new on here today and would love to get together. At this point I know no one so it will be great to meet others, especially others that love tortoises. I dont know my way around except for down the street, lol. But I do have a gps. Helena

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona

Neal said:

I'm thinking Late August, September, October when the weather is a little better. If you have any recommendations on dates, post that here as well.

I'm thinking, if you think late August or early September will be better weather, you don't really live in the valley! :cool: It will still be HOT! I am not a big contributor on the forum, but I read almost every thread. I'm in Gilbert, and I will make every effort to be at the event anywhere in the valley.

Just a note: Anaheim reptile show is Sept. 3-4, and Tucson reptile show is Sept. 24-25. I will probably be at those two shows, and I assume other TFO members may be as well. Maybe something to consider when choosing a date.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

JeffG said:
Just a note: Anaheim reptile show is Sept. 3-4, and Tucson reptile show is Sept. 24-25. I will probably be at those two shows, and I assume other TFO members may be as well. Maybe something to consider when choosing a date.

Jeff - Fantastic idea about the reptile shows. We should've done our research! I'm going to see if those dates work and I'll also post them over on the SoCal thread

helenab

5 Year Member

I love hosting partys, we could have a cookout after, before or inbetween the show, lol

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona

helenab said:
Hi, I live in Oro Valley and am new on here today and would love to get together. At this point I know no one so it will be great to meet others, especially others that love tortoises. I dont know my way around except for down the street, lol. But I do have a gps. Helena

Helena, welcome to AZ and TFO. I have only lived in AZ for 3 years and am just now able to find my way around, I am about 45 mins to and hour from Oro Valley :cool:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
hmmm let's see this one would be about 1,163 miles travel...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
If we want to wait until it's REALLY cool, there is the TTPG conference and AZ Reptile Show sometime in November.

helenab

5 Year Member
I would love to also get together with anyone in my area, making new friends anytime is always great.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Thats a great idea Neal I think we would have at least double the people at this thing if we waited until then.

danielle

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I think it is a great idea. It will be nice to talk to others face to face about these amazing creatures!!

AZRedfoot

5 Year Member
I live in Chandler and would love to come. Hopefully, it will be a little cooler then...

Status
Not open for further replies.