That answers that,or anyone want a bird???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
I also wondered about that, but not sure. he was on an unfinished floor. (Plywood) and just reached up and Chomp!!
Hector,, a Hyacinth?? I never knew anyone who had one? Do you still?
any pics??
nay

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I showed my picture to a girl I work with, turns out her Dad was an electrician. She says the reason the bird was not zapped, was because he must've chewed one of the two wires at a time.Says her Dad's tools would sometimes have a hole in the middle from touching the 2 at the same time. (When hubby repaired it, there was 2 lines inside the big cord.)
Makes sense. Plus she drives a big Harley so I know she must know what she's talking about!.
Nay

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Nay said:
Jaizei, I haven't read the link you posted, but figured I could answer. Yes the cord was still in the wall when i walked over to it. I actually gave myself second thoughts to un plug it, just looked so weird..
My hubby fixed it for me and it now works fine again. He had chewed alittle more than just the cut part so I have shorter cord. but hey ,no charge!!!
So Terry you think it's funny!! Take him for one week!!!
Nay

The link was showing the source of JD's post.

Nay said:
I showed my picture to a girl I work with, turns out her Dad was an electrician. She says the reason the bird was not zapped, was because he must've chewed one of the two wires at a time.Says her Dad's tools would sometimes have a hole in the middle from touching the 2 at the same time. (When hubby repaired it, there was 2 lines inside the big cord.)
Makes sense. Plus she drives a big Harley so I know she must know what she's talking about!.
Nay

My initial thought was like supremelysteve posted; the beak isn't a good conductor and he was probably not grounded. Knowing that it was on a wood surface makes sense. But I'm having a hard time fathoming him chewing the wires one at a time and then keeping them separated afterwards. So either luckiest or smartest bird ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.