The beginnings of an outdoor enclosure for a Leopard

Renee_H

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, Ca
Making progress. No worries friends when I am *done* Tort won’t have access. The sides and back are cinder block walls which I will plant around and they’re definitely tall enough to prevent any climbing ability and I’ll be swapping out the large rocks to the front to make a solid barrier. Just wanted to continue to document the progress on my tortoise garden.
IMG_8166.jpeg

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
When you still have an entire wall of creeping fig to remove but you accidentally find yourself at the nursery!

Attachments

• E2B9C942-DA7E-4996-A7C8-E50B59364BEC.jpeg
    E2B9C942-DA7E-4996-A7C8-E50B59364BEC.jpeg
    675.6 KB · Views: 3
  • C26C2F28-E7D5-4F60-9C18-0CAB1BBAC47F.jpeg
    C26C2F28-E7D5-4F60-9C18-0CAB1BBAC47F.jpeg
    560.2 KB · Views: 3
  • E6CDFFAF-910D-4638-A0BD-44CDF3C47C33.jpeg
    E6CDFFAF-910D-4638-A0BD-44CDF3C47C33.jpeg
    724.9 KB · Views: 3

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
Journal update 3,456
I’ve nearly eliminated the pile of removed creeping fig from wall #1 in the weekly yard waste bin. Once the pile is gone I will remove from wall #2 and repeat. I need to acquire a stump grinder as the roots I was unable to remove from wall #1 are sprouting and the sh*t is growing back at an alarming rate. Same for the large toxic bush I removed. Why is it when I want to keep plants alive I kill them and when I try to kill them they refuse to die?
I’ve added a low/raised bed area to grow tortoise salad and all my seeds have sprouted(this was a test run).
I have also planted hibiscus, rose, multiple safe grasses and succulents.
As I’ve planted I’ve discovered a buried plastic mesh barrier that has become a nightmare. I rake dig pull daily and I just keep finding more and more of the sh*t.
I’ve nearly completed my pondless water feature and have begun mortaring the stones and wall.
I continue to debate on the insulted box/house. DIY or hire the job out. In the meantime I’ve been watching videos on similar construction and have acquired a few necessary tools from my FIL’s garage.
I have no clue how anyone manages to obtain a tortoise and then build their enclosure I feel like I’ve encountered so many barriers to creating a safe space despite having a space and resources.
Goal is to finish by spring 2025 so that I may begin the search for my tort!
So I keep on keeping on week after week.