the new trio

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
We picked up the new trio today, and they are AWESOME! They are huge - bigger than we expected - although they actually measure smaller than we were told... we were told they were 10-11 inches, and the two big ones measure at 6.5 inches... but still, they look HUGE! We got two girls - Calypso and Mithril - and one male - Melkor. They are so brave and soooo friendly, they are eating out of our hands and letting us pet their heads already, and it's only the first day!!!

Here are some quick pics... I will have to take better ones in a few days...

Calypso...
101_1449.jpg

Calypso and me...
101_1452.jpg

Mithril, the little girl who is abotu 5.5 inches...
101_1475.jpg

Melkor, the male - his beak is overgrown but doesn't get in the way of his eating, and I think it will wear itself down in time...
101_1487.jpg

Calypso (left), Mithril, and Melkor (right):
101_1458.jpg

The new trio's enclosure:
101_1554.jpg

Carmine & Elessar's table:
101_1551.jpg

And don't shoot me for taking this picture... my son picked up and set down Elessar, and I did Melkor... they were that close just long enough to snap a picture... no more than three seconds, then we each put away the one we had taken out... so we didn't touch the other and they didn't interact... Just wanted a picture to show the size difference between my smallest (Elessar, at 4 inches) and largest (Melkor, 6.5 inches)!
101_1547.jpg

;~) Kelly

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
LOL For putting one of my old torties so close to one of the new ones on the first day (while on the quarantine period)! ;)

I'm actually not worried about the health of the new guys... they've been with the same woman for over two years and are healthy, and I trust her on that. It's my first two, whom I've had for not quite two months yet and who came from a petstore...

Kim

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
California
Great pictures, how exciting to have new tortoises! They are very big, I can't believe that my little guy will be that big some day. He fit right in the palm of my hand when we bought him home!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Nice looking torts cvalda.
It must be nice to have new little (big) ones, how exciting.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
They are a beautiful set of ladies ( I do remember right from another post that your now thinking you have three ladies and no males right?). Can't wait to see what wonderful hatchlings you will someday get from them.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
thanks all!

yep turns out they are all girls! so now i need to track down a breeding sized male. and now i have a dilemna... i fell in love with one of the little males at the petstore - only about 4" long - and I want to get him so bad... after quarantine I would put him with me two little ones (not the new trio)... but if i get him, and then i find a breeding size male to go with those big girls, i don't really have room to quarantine both... but if i don't find one, and i miss out on this little guy that i've just fell in love with, i'd be really sad!!!

Anyways... totally other thought... here's more pics in this album of Mithril, the smallest of the three new big girls, at 5.5 inches:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=1nwwghbf.96s8u4gv&x=0&h=1&y=bb9m7i
The last picture is actually my little carmine, who got herself stuck while trying to escape! ROFL!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
And here's a video I made of Mithril, wandering the yard (ignore my goofy comments)! LOL! (Click the picture to get taken to the video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.