THE NUT HOUSE

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
(I had to look up MRAP....)
Hahhahhhahha!!!!! That’s really funny!!!!
(Now that I get it).
You are right.
By me they call it “The fast lane” for a reason.
I once passed a guy in the fast lane...
(I was in the middle one)
AND HE WAS READING A BOOOOK!!!!
I almost ? some ?????!!!!
(Just sayin’)
I will politely correct you madame, if you don't mind. It is not the fast lane, it is the PASSING lane, the hammer lane or the sh*t and git lane...lol

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I will politely correct you madame, if you don't mind. It is not the fast lane, it is the PASSING lane, the hammer lane or the sh*t and git lane...lol

I don’t doubt you my lady but here in NJ
IT HAS and will always be called the
“fast lane “. Don’t ask me why but if you ask anybody here that’s what they’ll tell ya.
?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
U and the beauty
I don’t doubt you my lady but here in NJ
IT HAS and will always be called the
“fast lane “. Don’t ask me why but if you ask anybody here that’s what they’ll tell ya.
?
OH no! I have been in New Jersey. I used to live at #1 Rittenhouse Square in Philly, doing property inspections. So I have been in New Jersey, and y'all might CALL it 'the fast lane', but there's so many people there...that lane ain't fast lol

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
Well good news. Come to Phoenix. You can barrel along at 90 miles an hour going from Phoenix to Tucson. Highway patrol will pass you. When you know that they’re being perverse they plant themselves behind you for miles and miles and miles just to be funny. Traffic does get pretty sticky sometimes but our rush-hour is the equivalent of gliding on the freeway in California at two in the morning.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
U and the beauty
Suffice it to say, no bs, I did have 2 races, won 1 lost 1. The race I won was seriously the best street race that I have ever had in 30 years of driving that car. I was still high from it when I got to Y's house, so I told her about the race. I barely won it. More fun than any race I have ever had in that car. On a 2 lane, 55 mph hiway merge to 1 lane race. Oh my! So dangerous, so fun, please don't drive like I did. But I raced a new Camaro, and a small Honda (or some kind of small wild bee sounding foreign low rider) we all went for it. The new Camaro broke traction, but the small car and I didn't. Beauty was floored. I remember, screaming, and bouncing up and down in the seat, and that f****ng small car staying even with my door (really?), the last time I looked at the speedometer it was pegged, and I started creeping ahead of him. The 1 light up ahead turns red and I am screaming "go go go"...? PLEASE, do not drive like I did then. But we both ran the red, and he merged behind me, and we both pulled to the shoulder up the road, and jumped out and hollered at each other. He was just as excited as I was. That was the most fun I think. Guy in his 20's, he was hollering and grabbed my hands and we jumped up and down together like kids. Really! hahah!
Generally, I exaggerate somewhat to make my stories more entertaining, but friends, this experience needed no exaggeration. Literally, the best street race and finish that I have ever had. And I think what made it more fun, the guy I beat was just as excited as I was. He didn't care he lost, he was hollering "What a f**king good race". Oh my, the best race experience bar none.
Oh and the race I lost, (barely), was to about a 1985 (or so) fire engine red, beautifully restored Trans Am. Wow. It looked brand new. He didn't stop so all I know was a Mexican American kid in a hot beautiful car beat me. Oh well

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Tell me about in Cali you can 6 even 8 lanes of almost stopped traffic each way!
And so much of I 5 is 70 MPH, but nobody but me wants to go that fast.

I was an over the road truck driver for a buncha years, and 2 of the companies I drove for were headquartered in Phoenix. C R England and Swift. OMG! Hot, hot hot and too much traffic. If I had to spend the night there, in a 72 cubic foot metal box and it's 110 or hotter. You couldn't pay me enuf to live there. Altho, I do like Mesa, hot or not...