Thermostat prong placement

musiclover18

Location (City and/or State)
ontario
Where is the best place to put the prong for my thermostat that will control my heat emitter

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Where is the best place to put the prong for my thermostat that will control my heat emitter
You mean the probe?

If your heat emitter is being used to maintain ambient temps in the enclosure, then the probe should go over to a far corner away from any heat sources. I like to hang it down low in the enclosure, but keep it just out of reach of the tortoise. This will ensure that the coldest parts of the enclosure are being kept at the correct minimum temperature.

musiclover18

ontario
You mean the probe?

If your heat emitter is being used to maintain ambient temps in the enclosure, then the probe should go over to a far corner away from any heat sources. I like to hang it down low in the enclosure, but keep it just out of reach of the tortoise. This will ensure that the coldest parts of the enclosure are being kept at the correct minimum temperature.
Thanks I will have an area for basking this is just to keep the rest at a stable temperature and for night temperature

Reactions: Tom

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
With a CHE placed in the center, I hang the thermostat probe in the corner that is opposite of the basking spot. This maintains the ambient temperature I want across the cool end. I like to hang my probe low, just above the substrate for the most accurate readings possible. Heat rises ;)

Reactions: Tom