Thinking about a burmese star

Aaron23

5 Year Member
Thinking about buying a burmese star. I've got a sulcata just wondering if raising a burmese would be similar like heat, humidity food. Etc

zovick

10 Year Member!
Aaron,

The needs of the two species are not exactly the same, but they are not totally opposite, either. Are you asking this because you hope to keep them together? I don't recommend doing that.

Email me and I will send you my Burmese Star Care Sheet. [email protected]

Aaron23

5 Year Member
No i w
Aaron,

The needs of the two species are not exactly the same, but they are not totally opposite, either. Are you asking this because you hope to keep them together? I don't recommend doing that.

Email me and I will send you my Burmese Star Care Sheet. [email protected]

Aaron23

5 Year Member
No i wouldn't keep them together. I just would like to get a different species of tortoise thats close to the same care. And the burmese star tortoise looks awesome!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I can't recommend them enough. They are a fantastic tortoise species. Easy to house and feed. Hardy, personable. I raise baby Burmese identically to my leopards and sulcatas. I simulate the monsoon season and keep things warm and humid. Daily soaks for babies, etc… Its all spelled out here:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/

The only difference is that I feed the sulcatas and South African leopards more grass. I give the stars some grass, but grass makes up a much lower percentage of the diet for my stars.

Another thing I've noticed is that the stars like it hot. Even when ambient climbs into the low 90s in summer, they still bask under their heat lamps in their indoor enclosures. Other Burmese Star keepers have told me their tortoises show a similar affection and attraction to high heat.