Thinking of becoming a lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Now let me explain I am thinking of taking online courses. to allow me to take the bar exam here in california. I am mainly doing it to help my friends and family out as well as doing it to offer free advice here (we all know what free advice is worth). Now this would be a year or two down the road, but it is something I have thought about for awhile, it would not be a career change for me, just something to do for me. What do you think? how would you feel about having a lawyer help you who went to an online school?

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
OK...enough of the serious stuff............

Two lawyers, a rabbi and a duck walk into a bar.....just kidding, couldn't help myself.

Doc

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Knowledge is power! If you pass the bar you are a lawyer it does not matter what school you went to.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
Become a lawyer on-line!?!?...who knew....You can never go wrong with more education.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Why don't sharks eat lawyers? Professional courtesy! Just kidding. Go for it! You might be the next Johnny Cochran.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I think it's a great idea David. Go for it! I was so lucky last year when Mark was on here and he helped me get my money back from that scammer. If he wasn't on this forum I would have been out $100.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well ... DJ ,

Warning Signs that you Might Need a Different Lawyer

Your lawyer tells you that his last good case was of Budweiser.
When the prosecutors see your lawyer, they high-five each other.
Your lawyer picks the jury by playing "duck-duck-goose."
Your lawyer tells you that he has never told a lie.
A prison guard is shaving your head.

" I'd still hire ya ! "

wait .........you not a MAC guy are ya ? ...... ha hahaha

JD~:D

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
IMO......I repeat, IMO,

If your going to follow your dream, Get a real degree at a real school! On line......really? On line degrees do not have the same "Pull" as real degrees.

Go for it, or stay home...........and get a degree!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I agree that an online degree may not have the "pull" of a "real" school degree, but I think there is no such thing as knowing too much. Plus (and this is a huge thing), I believe we all should follow our hearts and our dreams.

One of my children, Ashli, has been for years thinking about becoming a lawyer, once she finishes her current college schooling (so we are talking in another year). She has low self esteem (what can I say, she takes after her mom), but is very smart and retains things easily. She would make a great lawyer, but perhaps more important, I think she would get great fulfillment in helping folks. More and more folks everyday need help with even knowing if they really have grounds for fighting what has been done to them, but can't afford a lawyer's advice or are just reluctant to involve a lawyer (such as you mentioned family and in here). I think the two of you, even if neither of you actually pass the bar or become fulltime lawyers, would fill that need and the need within yourselves if you learn more law details.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
spikethebest said:
i think this is the first serious thing that i have read from you in years!

I opened this expecting to read a joke :p

Status
Not open for further replies.