Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
100_0054.jpg

This is Ute, a small male Ornate Boxie. He just recently came out of hibernation.

100_0052.jpg

As you can see, he was not cleaned up for his photo shoot. :D Just was playing with the camera and he was the first "victim" I came across.

100_0053.jpg

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Beautifil guy. Is he Nebraska born and bred ? Looks like all he needs is his own cow.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
As far as I know, yes he is.

We had an Ornate that must have tried to milk a cow. On her carapace was what looked exactly like a hoof shaped injury.

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
That's a beautiful one! Jacqui. Just curious, how many different species of three-toed box turtles are there? oops, I'm sorry I'm in a wrong place to ask for this.....:rolleyes:

Minh

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ZippyButter said:
That's a beautiful one! Jacqui. Just curious, how many different species of three-toed box turtles are there? oops, I'm sorry I'm in a wrong place to ask for this.....:rolleyes:

Minh

Not sure of your question. Do you mean how many species of North American box turtles?

There is only one Three toed box. Are you asking because Three toed boxies have a lot of color differences?

Ute (pictured above) is an Ornate box turtle, not a Three toed.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
ZippyButter said:

Minh
There are two species of box turtle in North America north of Mexico: Terrapene carolina with four subspecies threetoed,eastern,gulf coast,and florida. Then there is Terrapene ornata with two subspecies ornate and desert.

Status
Not open for further replies.