THIS JUST HAPPENED!!!

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
So this little one that isn't much bigger than a nickel was the last one to pop out, his shell is still really curved from the egg and I have found him already flipped over 7 times today. He is extremely active and I would hate to loose him, he climbs the side of everything and that causes the flip, because the high dome he can't flip back yet. Any suggestions?
Oh man! I would be a nervous wreck. I would be checking on them every five minutes if not more. I can't even imagine one so tiny.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Oh man! I would be a nervous wreck. I would be checking on them every five minutes if not more. I can't even imagine one so tiny.
I have! The kid had a high school baseball game so I turned off the lights and they went to sleep.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Thanks to everyone that I asked questions to for the help. I have it setup like this for now. Keeping it around 80 in the warm spot and around 77 in the coolest, it's very wet and humid. They seem pretty active, one end with plants, moss and leaf litter. The other with food, water and Coco coir substrate. I put little red wigglers loose inside with small crickets too, I'm going to put a few Rollie pollies in tomorrow. Food will be what they catch plus fruit, boiled eggs, greens, and Mazuri, Now I'm going to just leave them alone and drop some food in every day and soak them about every 3 days as long as the humidity stays good.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428203489.717066.jpg
The room gets light during the day so I'm only going to run the reptisun tube 5.0 uvb light for 4 hours a day, until they get regular trips outside. I'm going to put up a site barrier tomorrow. Any other suggestions?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I started with a 10 gallon when I thought lucky was the only 1, now I moved them to my 30 gallon. Hopefully no more show up.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
I started with a 10 gallon when I thought lucky was the only 1, now I moved them to my 30 gallon. Hopefully no more show up.

lol. I knew there had to be more when you found 1. The enclosure looks great! They are so cute.I can't believe flip is only the size of a nickel. I am sure if you have to many there will be folks to save you ;). I bet your kids are loving finding these little guys.

Dean Wirth

Alberta
Keep a close eye on them outside, when that young crows, magpies and other birds will try to snatch them. Raccoons too, at that age they are very vulnerable, They are very lucky to have you as owner!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
They will only be going outside when we are out with them, I have a little portable enclosure with wire over it to protect them. I did a weight check this morning and the sizes are amazing.

Lucky (4-1) 8 grams
TJ (4-2) 7 grams
Scooter (4-2) 8 grams
Flip (4-3) 7 grams
Hoss (4-3) 9 grams

So far all seem healthy, they won't disturbed for another 3 days. I will just throw in some food and spray down the plants. These guys are easy as long as the set up is right. They stay buried most of the time but I have caught a few eating. I've read that I shouldn't be surprised few don't make it, I will do my best and hope that doesn't happen.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
My favorite thread too. Wow, my guys were 10 & 11 grams when I got them and they were 6 months old according to the breeder.I am starting to wonder if they were younger.