Thot I'd pic a 'bisc.... and of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
It's a nice sunny day.. all the torts are out.. so I thot I'd take a couple pics of a few new Hibiscus blooms -

( Hugs & Kisses )
HandK.jpg

( Spin the Bottle )
aSTB.jpg

And then there was this intruder on the upper left petal!

CloseHOP.jpg

I'm real sure he wasn't a 'speeder' since he was hopping around. To give you an idea how small he was... my middle finger is about 3/4" in diameter - doubt he's 1/4" -

CompareFINGERHOP.jpg

He kept moving -

CenterHOP.jpg

Then I got a little closer -

CloserHOP.jpg

It's a "hopper"! -

ClosestHOP.jpg

Look at those 'hopper-legs' and be sure to resize and clic again for 'full-screen'....

Terry

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'm sorry Terry...I don't wanna backtrack and read every post you ever included here...so I'll ask again...what camera are you using? Outstanding macro capabilty! And, of course, OUTSTANDING shots, as usual!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Holy...the macro shots are incredible!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
NERD, I think you could take great pictures with a throw away camera. By the way....what are those bugs? You seem to have a lot of them. I always think about what you said once about how our torts get protein in everything that they eat outside, and then you showed a picture of that bug on the flower.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Looks like a grasshopper to me Terry. There's not really a lot of the adults actually. In fact there are very few.

As far as taking good pictures.... you and many others have much better cameras than I do! Like anything else you just have to practice practice practice.... and learn the capabilities of the tool you are working with. I was not kidding when I claimed I've taken 10,000 pictures in the past few years with that camera. I took 37 different pictures ( I counted them ) alone of that one flower to get those few views.. LITERALLY! And then I only cropped and re-sized them. No "Photoshop",etc. anything else. No.... I do not sleep with my camera.

What's that old saying? - "A blind pig finds an acorn every once in awhile".

I'll start another "Priceless" pics thread just to show what can be done with these cameras these days.

NERD

Status
Not open for further replies.