Throwing up

Siren Nora

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, I need help. NomNom was just throwing up. I didn't know this was possible. :(
She's is a closed chamber in the evening and night.
Substrate is coconut fiber
60-80% Humidity. I'm in Arizona :-/
80 degrees for temp
She soaks 2 times a week. She's very active and is currently trying to eat mustard greens. I haven't seen her drink after throwing up.
In the day I allow her to go outside in her pin. I brought her in earlier today because I felt like it was too cool for her. She literally had a fit! What does a tortoise fit look like? Well she jumps off her hut, rubs her face all over the enclosure showing me how mad she is, pacing back and forth conveying the message that she wants to be outside.
Thanks for reading this. Thanks for any help you can give me.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
jumps off her hut, rubs her face all over the enclosure showing me how mad she is, pacing back and forth

All kinda normal :D

I also would make sure that you are offering a basking spot that reaches 100 degrees, this will allow your tort to regulate their temp....and there could be a number of reasons for a tort to vomit, is this the only time the tort did this? What did the tort throw up?

Siren Nora

5 Year Member
She has a log that gets closer to her heat lamp. She threw up something green like- like her food or from outside. She ate some food tonight. And she's sleeping. Throwing up is normal?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
No, throwing up is NOT normal....I was referring to the tortoise running track you described as normal :D

I ask about if this was the only time you know of tort throwing up, a one time event is not something to be overly concerned with...I would however keep a bit of an eye on the tort to make sure no more vomit....if no more...then likely was an isolated event.

You don't use fertilizer, weed spray, insect spray or any other chemicals in the area the tort grazes right?

Siren Nora

5 Year Member
Chemical free since I've lived here, pass 3 years to my knowledge.

I'm keeping a close eye, thank you for your concern.