Tiny Update..Part II..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well tiny has been off his Antibiotics for 3 days and he..(yeah he)..Is almost back to his hyperactive, eating machine ways.....He still has a slight runny nose.. But it only occasionally..

He is still a little constipated..But moves things along during his soaks..Not sure what would cause the constipation other than the Mazuri ..He has only been fed greens and grass.. could Mazuri constipate him???

Also while Tiny was trying to push things along..;)..I was able to notice that Tiny is indeed a male.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Sometimes the antibiotics cause a little constipation.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
I didn't know that antibiotics could constipate them...so I gave him an entire butternut squash...in about an hr Tiny had eaten 3/4 of it... Skin and all... It looks like it might hit 62 today so I will put them out for an hr...let them graze for a bit..

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like things are improving. I do wonder since he still has a bit of a runny noise, if you should go back to the Vet and get him another round, as it sounds like he still actually is sick.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
did you stop giving the antibiotics or did the meds run their course.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
It was my decision to stop the antibiotics... He had a runny nose when I adopted him..The PO had him outside in MA for the last 5-6 month with no heat or shelter..( PO stated that he even endured the hurricane outside..).. The vets first recommended that I just increase the heat and watch him...I was the one the pushed or antibiotics...

I spoke to the vet yesterday..she said it was fine..but I should watch him closely and keep the heat up...And as long as he is eating and being active it should clear up by itself...But if he looks like it's getting worst to bring him back in..

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Glad to hear Tiny is doing better...yup, keep your temps warm and keep the warm soaks going...these type of things seem to do wonders :D IMHO

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
That is great new's about Tiny feeling better. It sounds like he even felt well enough to flash you:). Cactus pad's also seem to help relieve constipation. At least with my tort's anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.