Tonto the Death Defying Skydiving Tortoise

thisiscowboy

5 Year Member
Last night Tonto (1 year old Hermanns) thought it'd be a good idea to climb the spider plant (!!!) that was in his table, pull himself onto the edge and make an ill-judged leap 3 feet onto the carpet. I'm not entirely sure if it was an ill judged leap or a tumble but either way he was found down the back of the cupboard looking quite pleased with himself.

He seems fine, doesn't look like there's any shell damage (apart from two small white spots/scuffs) on his plastron. He's also eating fine but I was wondering over the next couple of days whether there is anything that I should be looking out for in terms of potential unseen injury? There isn't a reptile vet around here.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
The most important thing to do right now is prevent it from possibly happening gain. it sounds like he's doing alright now, but next time you never know.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Last night Tonto (1 year old Hermanns) thought it'd be a good idea to climb the spider plant (!!!) that was in his table, pull himself onto the edge and make an ill-judged leap 3 feet onto the carpet. I'm not entirely sure if it was an ill judged leap or a tumble but either way he was found down the back of the cupboard looking quite pleased with himself.

He seems fine, doesn't look like there's any shell damage (apart from two small white spots/scuffs) on his plastron. He's also eating fine but I was wondering over the next couple of days whether there is anything that I should be looking out for in terms of potential unseen injury? There isn't a reptile vet around here.

Well with the name Tonto what do you expect....:p I would invest in a small parachute in the event he feels daring again.....luckily he stuck his landing on carpet.....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
since there is no visible injuries, cracks in the shell and stuff like that U just want to basically watch for change in behavior and any fluid retention in the body.