Toretto

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I have been eyeing one on Amazon. The poundage will be fine. It's the pad you put him on. It's going to be to small later on.

I use a wide plastic jar on the scale and zero it out.
That way, he is evenly balanced in the middle and he can’t walk off or move around. Works well! Here’s an old picture. (Ignore the third leg) this makes things much easier and quicker weighing all of the torts... Kind of like setting a box on a can of green Beens:)
IMG_0974.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I use a wide plastic jar on the scale and zero it out.
That way, he is evenly balanced in the middle and he can’t walk off or move around. Works well! Here’s an old picture. (Ignore the third leg) this makes things much easier and quicker weighing all of the torts... Kind of like setting a box on a can of green Beens:)
View attachment 277271
I do the same thing. I am thinking when they get 50lbs +.Concentrating all the force from whatever type of pedal stool used to the plastrom.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I do the same thing. I am thinking when they get 50lbs +.Concentrating all the force from whatever type of pedal stool used to the plastrom.

I have thought about that too.. I saw a thread on here one time that interested me. It was a hanging scale, kinda like a fish scale with a winch. So you’d put the tortoise on/a sling and weigh him that way.. I’m going to rig something similar one day I think..

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I have thought about that too.. I saw a thread on here one time that interested me. It was a hanging scale, kinda like a fish scale with a winch. So you’d put the tortoise on/a sling and weigh him that way.. I’m going to rig something similar one day I think..
You have the exact same scale as me. lol. I use a fat jar of olive oil though.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Toretto is looking great! To bad we couldn't get all the sully members together with their torts for a reunion.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Today, we found tortoise poop in the yard.. This was a big deal because Toretto has been so spoiled that he wouldn’t poop unless put in a tub or warm water. I have been stressing because he’s getting a lot heavier a lot quicker. Sooooo, I started doing his soaks outside...and then started using water hose water.... and then skipping more and more days between the tubs..( he has a soak pond outside too) ... FINALLY ... a “dry” poop!!! Son said “it looks like one of the horses poops” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]