Tortle Rooms!!

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
You have some of those weird looking tortoises too? View attachment 109872

Oh thank God! I'm not the only one with this problem …

10665393_10152823125925874_1996608767197738402_n.jpg

When I was still putting the finishing touches on Scooter's new tort table, the damn cat would bogart his basking area of his tub … And this is when he was first showing signs of illness, so he wasn't getting the heat he needed :(

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Thank you.

That is the basic closet set up I started out with before I went to wire shelving with my African Violets.

It's really effective and the closet holds the humidity surprisingly well :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh thank God! I'm not the only one with this problem …

View attachment 109938

Beautiful cat, too. Just be sure everybody that your cat can't get next to (or the tail) the lights or CHE. I had a cat do this once and luckily I smelled smoke before anything bad happened. She had gotten her tail too close and was actually smoking and starting to catch on fire. All she ended up with was singed fur, but she could have died and even caught the house on fire. Now all inside enclosures have lids or no lights on them.

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Beautiful cat, too. Just be sure everybody that your cat can't get next to (or the tail) the lights or CHE. I had a cat do this once and luckily I smelled smoke before anything bad happened. She had gotten her tail too close and was actually smoking and starting to catch on fire. All she ended up with was singed fur, but she could have died and even caught the house on fire. Now all inside enclosures have lids or no lights on them.

I refer to her as the suicidal cat … My dog isn't fond of cats (well, she is, but only if they're in her mouth) and the cat will purposely tease the dog from the other side of the door. Life will be safer once we move and I won't be so crazed when people are lax on the rules keeping said cat alive.

Delilah1623

Mine are all upstairs in their own room now and kitties are not allowed. That picture was from in the summer before my roommate moved out and the tortles took over her room lol

Luckily nothing happened before then!

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Mine are all upstairs in their own room now and kitties are not allowed. That picture was from in the summer before my roommate moved out and the tortles took over her room lol

Luckily nothing happened before then!

Scooter is now secure in a room where the cat can no longer climb in with him (much to the disappointment of the cat). The cats are upstairs dwellers and that was the only place I could house Scooter while finishing his table. SOOO obnoxious when you're trying to care for a sick tort and the cat would leave the poor little guy alone.

Delilah1623

Luckily my dane is very gentle with the cats. Especially since this one has recently decided they are best friends and will rub herself all over the dog and cuddle up with her.... I think it might be best her sister (they been together for 14 years) is sick and isolated to her own room now. 20141123_093500.jpg

Delilah1623

Scooter is now secure in a room where the cat can no longer climb in with him (much to the disappointment of the cat). The cats are upstairs dwellers and that was the only place I could house Scooter while finishing his table. SOOO obnoxious when you're trying to care for a sick tort and the cat would leave the poor little guy alone.

Haha cats are always kind of obnoxious! I swear once these two are gone there will be no more cats!

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Luckily my dane is very gentle with the cats. Especially since this one has recently decided they are best friends and will rub herself all over the dog and cuddle up with her.... I think it might be best her sister (they been together for 14 years) is sick and isolated to her own room now. View attachment 109952

Danes are the best … <3 <3

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Haha cats are always kind of obnoxious! I swear once these two are gone there will be no more cats!

Cats have their ways and at times I want to be rid of mine, but life would be so boring without them.

Hmmm wait a minute, isn't this thread about turtle/tortoise rooms?????

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maggie's computer is on the fritz, so I'll post for her. She has these little wooden fences that she puts up in her Dale Earnhart Memorial Worship room in order for her little box turtles to get some exercise. There's indoor/outdoor carpet placed on the floor of each pen, and a light and hiding places. Her little calico Roxie, lays in those pens under the light. She sits right by Maggie, waiting for the pen to be set up so she can occupy it. Maggie has pictures, but I don't have them on my computer.

(Jacqui: Since Maggie's Dale Earnhart Memorial Worship Room also doubles as a tortle room, this post is on topic - Ph-f-f-f-f-ft)