Tortoise Cam

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Soo cool imagine popping a cam on some of the sullys with burrows

Kimm :)

I thought about this but the height of her burrow vs the height of this camera mounted to her back would not work. Need a small micro cam of some sort.. Would be awesome though! I think it would need an LED light too.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
you allow her to burrow? How is that working out? Walkingrock does not burrow and for that I am thankful, I don't need that kind of worry!

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
I have a 50 lb male that I allow to burrow. It works really well. He has 1 burrow that he's in whenever he's not exploring the yard. It's gotta be at least 15' deep.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
you allow her to burrow? How is that working out? Walkingrock does not burrow and for that I am thankful, I don't need that kind of worry!
My girl has been working on a burrow for the past month or so. She just digs and digs :D I was worreid she might 'come up' on the other side of her fence, but I was helpfully informed burrows are one way only :D It's a natural behavior, so I let her at it. It doesn't harm anything :p
She' actually slept in there a few times overnight, and in July when it was much hotter, she spent most of the day inside.

evlinLoutries

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Your video is so cool!

I'm wondering how the video will be if its attach to plougshare :D

I was a Tortoise before!

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas

I do let her burrow. Luckily my back yard is raised and surrounded by a 4ft retaining wall and her burrow is up a against it.. There is really no way for her to burrow out. I started the hole for her and she did the rest. It spirals down and around.. I cant reach the bottom of it if i stick my arm in it goes up to my shoulder plus.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
It can go down MANY feet (in the wild it can be as deep as 40') and there is always the fear of collaps during heavy rains. With WalkingRock, my fear is him burrowing under the foundation of the house!