Tortoise Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Well, this will be silly...

Last night I had a very vivid and upsetting dream. I dreamed I went to a local pet shop and traded all of my adult Indian Stars for two small very pyramided male leopards. At some point I realized what a stupid trade that was and spent the remainder of my dream trying to re-acquire my Indian stars from the people the pet store sold them to which included breaking into the pet store and running from the police.

Such a stupid thing to make a post about...but it made me quite upset, and now I've been upset all day.

Usually my tortoise dreams start by me finding hatchlings in my backyard, then I spend the rest of my dream looking for and finding other hatchlings. Those types of dreams make me happy all day.

Anyone else?

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
There is another thread on here, under the off topic chit chat section all about tortoise dreams. It is pretty funny. So many of us have tortoise nightmares. I had a dream after I stayed up way too late reading under the health section. In my dreams my poor little tortoises were having some pretty horrific things happening to them. You should check it out. Some of them are pretty darn funny. Sorry about the bad day, my husband knows all about that, since when I have a dream about him that is less than flattering I am usually in a pretty bad mood with him for the rest of the day. LOL, so funny:)!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Hey neal I will trade you some pyramided sulcatas for your stars, let me know ok.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That's funny. Cheer up....it's only a dream. :cool: I used to dream or nightmare about mine as a newbie when everything everyone said seemed so overwhelming, lights, food, temperature, enclosure, health issues, substrate, on and on. I remember the thread mentioned above. It was quite funny.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I had a nightmare about Emrys a few months back. In it, I'd taken him to a pet boarding centre when I went on holiday. I went back to collect him, took him home and it wasn't him.

I put the tortoise back in the box, took it back to the centre and told them they'd made a mistake, but they were convinced I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. Eventually I fought my way to the 'back room' which turned out to be filled with hundreds of similar tortoises. I saw Emrys at some point, but lost him just as quick, and I was searching as they were all crawling around me.

The more I looked, the more I became convinced that I wouldn't recognise Emrys in the crowd, and eventually I had to resign myself to the fact that I couldn't pick him out. I ended up picking up another tortoise, knowing it wasn't him and trying to pretend it was so he could replace Emrys.

Not nice.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thankfully they were all dreams and everyones tortoises are safe :) I haven't had one yet. Hope if I do it's not a bad one.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Some dreams are so intense, they can really affect your mood for the day.
Neal, that sounds like a nightmare!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know I probably dream, however, once I'm awake I don't remember them at all.

Maybe this was a warning to you to stay sensible and not be trading tortoises for a while.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Neal, you've done the right thing by posting about your dream. My personal experience is that a bad dream kept to myself will recur, while a bad dream narrated to someone (anyone) doesn't recur.

Status
Not open for further replies.