Tortoise enclosure help!!!

kball

i haven't been on here in a while between the calves for 4-h and getting everything done before dark it's been hard.
So, I need some enclosure ideas. One for my 7 in sulcata and one for my 4 in sulcata. The big ones getting to where he bullies and the cage there in looks really nice but its sooooo tiny.
I do have some standards ( or well my mother has some standards )
1. It has to look nice and not junk up my room
2. It has to be easy enough for me to get most of it done or a really lazy father figure
3. ( which is my standard) they have to be stackable to save room.

Please give me some ideas
I will post pictures of there current situation later
Thanks in advance

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Where do you live? The best place for them would be outside. They are to big to be in an I door enclousre that is not the size of a good size room. Could you possibly put them outside with a heated shed or maybe make them enclosures in the basement?

kball

Kitts hill, Ohio. Very cold right now. This summer the big one will will be outside full time when it gets warm enough. The basement was redone a few yrs ago and is now my moms bedroom and our living room

kball

The little one will go out everyday but will come back inside

kball

This is why I need two enclosures. They r together. If he goes in a different enclosure it will be a ten gallon tank or a tote.

kball

I was thinking about doing one like this one. It was on a thread on here

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1419263471.152462.jpg

kball

Well I'm 13 so no. But my moms boyfriend does but mom doesn't think I need a bigger one and she's trying to talk me and not getting another tortoise but keep telling her that I'm not getting another one until the two that I have r in the proper enclosure. She tells him not to build it. And those look exspensive to build and most likely I need to buy the materials for it since they have probably just spent a lot on Christmas stuff. I even told her that that was all I wanted for Christmas but she said absolutely not

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
A wooden structure is cheap enough. The glass...even plexi glass gets expensive. There are however very inexpensive options here on this site. As a step dad myself, I know that we are always trying to find ways to validate our selves. Maybe this could become a step father- step child project?

kball

Yeh but projects for us r our lives that's all we do. Is work on projects we make calf pins fence in our property build dog boxes but he won't do it if my mom doesn't say that he can. We hung christmas light a few weeks ago. All we do is work together and he gets SUPER grouchy. I think a 6 by 3 would be good. I think if I make my case good enough then I could but I don't no what to say.

kball

Yes it looks like it. I didn't see anything that would be big enough and yet small enough to put in my room. Any other suggestions

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
If you can't get your step dad interested in tortoises...and yes. It's hard for us old dogs to learn new tricks. Start looking for something that's already built. something that is the right size and shape and picture it with a top and a bottom...There are a lot of objects that you can use. Maybe paint it so that it'll look good in your room....Maybe there is something already on your property? In the house?

kball

If I could get him to frame it up and put the plywood and plexiglass in then I could do the rest with making it water proof and fixing it up. Oh I have an idea I think my papaw would build it but mom still has to tell him ok. I need to do some measuring. But I'm not home so I'll do that later. Do u think the first one pictured is big enought if it's 6 long 4 hight split in two of course and 3 deep