Tortoise Garden

Sadie525

Location (City and/or State)
Alamosa, CO
Hey there - is there a source for information regarding plants for both big and small tortoises? I haven't acquired a tortoise yet, but would like to get a garden started any way - I live in THE WORST area for gardening most things (Southern Colorado) without a ton of water so many plants will be kept in containers. The one thing I have going for me is opuntia seems to love it here. What species of opuntia do tortoises love the most (that would require less blow-torch time, hopefully?) Also, I'm planning on starting a little guy in a covered, humid container so will probably like to decorate with some vivarium plants - but would like a good source for toxic plants. I'm guessing from my experience with iguanas that oxalates are a no-no...
Would any tortoise gardeners out there have some sources to share? TIA

KronksMom

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
That's where I do most of my food research. But if I come across something I can't identify, we have the plant ID section here. Just take a few pictures and post them there. Some helpful tortoise loving part time botanist will come along and help you out.