Tortoise Has Watery Eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmackley2

5 Year Member
I just got my baby 1 year old horsefield tortoise, but I notice when he comes to me and i look at his eye it's all watery, my substrate is not dusty, nothing couldn't of harmed in? HELP :(

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
While you're waiting for a reply, why not utilize the search feature. Type your key words into the tool and people with similar situations will pop up.

Also, pictures of the enclosure, stats of your tort, pictures of the eye will help someone answer you.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Do you know what your temps are supposed to be for your tortoise? You may have them too cool or too hot.. What type of bulb are you using? It is not coil is it??

Are his eyes worse today or the same?

skmackley2

5 Year Member
Under his basking bulb which is an arcadia d3 it is 35-40'C

Nd at night it is around 20'c

I would NEVER use coil bulbs

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Ok good...never coil!! :)
I wish I could help you. I have no clue. Hopefully someone will reply to your threads soon that can help!!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What are you using for substrate? Is it damp? Does he have a humid hide? What is the ambient humidity in the enclosure? Is it an open topped enclosure or a more closed vivarium?

The Arcadia brand is just making its way over here, so forgive my ignorance, but its a mercury vapor bulb, right?

skmackley2

5 Year Member
Tom said:
What are you using for substrate? Is it damp? Does he have a humid hide? What is the ambient humidity in the enclosure? Is it an open topped enclosure or a more closed vivarium?

The Arcadia brand is just making its way over here, so forgive my ignorance, but its a mercury vapor bulb, right?

im not sure what this substrate is, is like topsoil with mixed in special calcium tortoise sand? it is damp not soaking wet and not bone dry, humid hide? i got a habba hut which is like a smooth bark hut and its quite dry, the arcadia is not a coil bulb, it is a mercury vapour bulb

open topped tortoise table

it is 65% now

temp is 20c at night and in day under basking lamp is around 30-40'c

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am giving you a bump so its in new posts. Another member wanted to know about your set up and its on this thread.. I hope they see this one!

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Hahaha
Sorry!! Read my reply above that one!! :)
You are funny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.