Tortoise Leash

Chloe_1102

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
Just wanted to share this great leash I found on amazon. I’m a nervous nelly about having hazel outside and this has really solved that problem for me. It’s super cute too.
IMG_0803.jpg

It even has a small bell on it [emoji23]
I want to add the video of her first time wearing it! But I can’t figure out how to upload videos!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
How big of a :tort: will it fit?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is cute. However, your tortoise should have a proper safe enclosure both inside and out. Not just roaming the yard without it being properly enclosed for the torts safety.

Chloe_1102

Indiana
I definitely don’t think it would be big enough for anything close to a leopard tort size range. I got a large for my 2.5 year old Greek and there’s still a lot of slack to made it bigger. She’s about 7 or so inches long, very wide.

Chloe_1102

Indiana
I think it’s more size appropriate for Herman’s, Russians, and Greek size breeds. MAYBE an adult redfoot, but it’s hard to say though

Chloe_1102

Indiana
That is cute. However, your tortoise should have a proper safe enclosure both inside and out. Not just roaming the yard without it being properly enclosed for the torts safety.

Yeah we just moved to a new house 2 weeks ago. The outdoor enclosure set up is on the to-do list. So for now, the leash is a wonderful security blanket for me [emoji1303]

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I use a large reptile leash with my adult leopard tortoise occasionally. :) Levi goes out on animal programs with me and the kids like to walk him. It can be a great way to keep your shelled buddy from "disappearing".
Good luck with your enclosure build and enjoy your outside time on the leash til then!

kazjimmy

baldwin park
Human were insane they make all pet as dog. If you need to show off your tortoise on a leash you better buy a dog.

drew54

Indiana
I have one that I use for my tort. I had to do a few things to get mine to fit around her, but it worked well when walking her.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Human were insane they make all pet as dog. If you need to show off your tortoise on a leash you better buy a dog.
As long as they arent using it for the replacement of an enclosure there is nothing wrong with it. Besides, at least they care enough like it was a dog, unlike some people who dont care what kind of animal it is, and just treat it like a piece of garbage and even eat it.

Chloe_1102

Indiana
As long as they arent using it for the replacement of an enclosure there is nothing wrong with it. Besides, at least they care enough like it was a dog, unlike some people who dont care what kind of animal it is, and just treat it like a piece of garbage and even eat it.

For sure! She has a very luxurious hand made wooden 6x3 tortoise table. She’s just a spoiled little lady [emoji23]