Tortoise life substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ustwoandthekids

5 Year Member
Does any one use it and what do you think off it? Reason I am asking as I having tried coco fibre and orchid bark but both my sulcata eats, and the impress I get from the tortoise life is its designed to be safer if they do eat what do you think?

georgeshaw

5 Year Member
I use this with my little RT!
However I've only had it a day so wouldn't like to comment on it to much...
He seems rather happy with it anyway and he can borrow in it with ease.
Also like you say, it's designed especially for torts which sort of makes you feel confident with using it...
It also says on the packaging that if consumed in small quantities it'll probably do more good than bad due to the minerals etc used to produce it.

laney

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aberdeen, Scotland
I use it in a section of each enclosure with coir in the rest. When I first put it in I was worried as they both had a taste of it which is something they had never done before, after a few little nibbles the novelty wore off lol. Although if your tort is a notorious substrate eater I would be cautious. It has minerals in it incase they eat a little but you don't want them chowing it down as it does have sand mixed in it and I don't think too many of the mineral chunks would be good incase of imactation.
Maybe your tort is looking for something specific to eat? Have you tried cuttlebone?
Personally I would buy a small bag and try it in a small section of the enclosure on a day you are home and can keep an eye on how they take to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.