tortoise n strong wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

torto_x

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi guys,
I live nearby the sea, and plan to make a small dry garden for tortoise at the roof floor. They will be indian stars, sulcata and others that love dry climate and low humidity. Part of the area will be sheltered and hiding box is provided. We only get sun and rain, no snow. Problem is, the wind is very strong. Do you think these tortoises can survive? Many thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Its always a good idea to provide a wind-break, as the cool wind can cool down the tortoise quickly.

Yvonne

torto_x

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks for the reply, Yvone. They are provided. I just wanna make sure my torts will move around actively, not just hide behind the bush or something, avoiding the wind. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Torto_x, are you planning to house different species together? Because that is not a good idea either. And I don't think there is ever a guarantee a tort will not hide. When Rusty (one of my Greeks) is inside he is friendly and constantly roams but when outside all he does is hide under the tall grass and plants. I have just figured its their personalities. Good luck with your enclosure construction. Looking forward to seeing it when done.

Status
Not open for further replies.