Tortoise not as active

Amossharon

Hi about 3 months ago I made my table larger kind was ok with that carried on eating and was active the last 3 weeks she is less active and doesn't eat very much even her favourite of sprouts she has always been a bit of a fussy eater..any way can any one point me in the right direction as to what could be making her in active if I didn't bring her out for her bath she would probally stay in her hide the whole day I will enclose a picture of her enclosure I have a 80w 3 in one heating light and if lamp and a uvb strip light temp under light is around 100 and cooler side is around 75...humidity I'm not sure as mine broke so got one on order I feed her cabbage spring greens sprouts and very occasionally the pellets soaked in water ... I bathe her for about 20 25 mins about 4 times a week any advice so i can get my little girl back to her exploring self...she is about 2 ish years old ...

1503591694271.jpg 1503591735189.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
TAke a look at the food list for Russian tortoises. The care sheet is pinned at the top of our russian section. I think a change in diet is recommended.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Where are you and where did you get the tortoise? How do you know the age?

I looks like you are running your UV strip over a glass pane. Glass will filter out all of the UV. How old is the 80 watt bulb, and have you ever put a UV meter under it? Your routine and temps sound pretty good, but the diet could be better as Yvonne suggested. I'm wondering if your tortoise is getting enough UV.

Amossharon

Hi Tom the perspex doesn't go under the uv bulb it goes up to the bracket...i was told she was 12 months old when I brought her from a fish and reptile shop and I've had her 12 months is there a way of telling? I havnt tried a uv reader will look into that I've had both the heat and uv strip about 3 months I will try her with a different variety of food but she has always been a fussy eater...she is growing as she has the yellowish rings around her shell..just want her to be back to being herself had a few worries when I first brought her but then she seemed to adapt and was active loving the logs in her table...eating etc will address the issues brought up see whatever we go from there thank.you

superminh

LEANDER
She is not 12 months old. I have an 18 month female Russian tortoise that is half her size.