Tortoise not growing?

Grace_thetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
England
I recently have been worrying about my two year old greek tortoise, she simply has not been growing and is extremely small for her age. She eats fine, drinks and has no sickness but refuses to grow. She shares an enclosure with a Greek tortoise the same age and was hatched in the same litter. They get along fine and there’s no signs of aggression, they even cuddle up at night. The size difference between them both is jaw dropping. Any help would be appreciated!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I may be mistaken, but this is the classic symptom of two tortoises living together. Tortoises should not be kept in pairs. Groups seem to work ok, but pairs don't. I think you'll notice the smaller one start growing once it's set up in its own enclosure, away from the larger one.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
She shares an enclosure with a Greek tortoise the same age and was hatched in the same litter.
This is your problem. These tortoises are not social. They don’t want or need friends or company. Bullying is common, especially mental bullying. Gender and relationship make no difference. In the wild they roam for miles, meet up to mate and move on.

The subordinate tortoise fails to thrive and will ultimately become sick because it is stressed. It cannot leave and escape the other. They need to be separated

They get along fine and there’s no signs of aggression, they even cuddle up at night. The size difference between them both is jaw dropping. Any help would be appreciated!
Cuddling up together isn’t cute. It’s one tortoise trying to stop the other sleeping in the best spot. You often see one sitting on top of food too. They are not getting on. The dominant larger tortoise is telling the subordinate one to go and that isn’t possible.

Tortoises do not work as pairs and they must be separated before your little one gets sick

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
You literally could not have posted and presented a more obvious example of bullying and the consequences of keeping two torts together. For your torts sake I hope you take the comments seriously.