TORTOISE RESCUE NETWORK

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Ripkabird98 said:
Jacqui said:
Spn785 said:
Is there anyone near Lenexa Kansas? I have seen this one before, but I can't get it.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pet/3392620581.html

I am about four hours away.

I am about 30 minutes away. Seen him before, thought he looked bad but I dont know much about Redfoots.

I know people in the Lenexa area; that's where I grew up. BUT I've inquired about this tortoise before, and no one ever responds. It looks borderline to me, like it has everything it needs, except enough space. Maybe that's why they're getting rid of it. ???

Spn785

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
I sent an email, just waiting for an answer. to me it looks pretty pyramided, but I'm still new to tortoises, so I'm not sure.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Nothing from the larger ones that have been posted and deleted and re-posted. We have both tried contacting them. I'm calling about the one in Mesa today. Plus, Spot, from the "runt group" needs to find his "forever family".

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Kim-- Tell me about Spot and the tort in Mesa.. I haven't heard anything about a needed rescue from Mesa... what did I miss? Thanks Kim~ Cari

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
BodaTort1 said:
Mainey34 have you heard anything from the Phoenix torts with the severe pyramiding?

Every time I see them post to Craig's list I send them an email. I really am at a loss for words. I will continue to bug them. But I've had no luck whatsoever. It makes me sad every time I see them. If I get a reply back. I will be sure to let someone know right away. I know they are very close to where I live. If I knew the exact location. I would be knocking on their door...

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Mainey34-- we think alike. They give their cross streets in their ads and I have thought of going to that neighborhood and Looking in every backyard till I found them!!! I don't understand the point of posting ads that aren't legit... :-/ <shaking-head>

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
BodaTort1 said:
Mainey34-- we think alike. They give their cross streets in their ads and I have thought of going to that neighborhood and Looking in every backyard till I found them!!! I don't understand the point of posting ads that aren't legit... :-/ <shaking-head>

Russians are NOT my thing. I do know this setup is crap, but what condition is the TORT in. He is SUPER close to me, so I am not so much saying i'm looking for owners as asking if he really needs help. If so, I will probably get him. I would just rather save it for the ones that NEED a home versus the ones that are taken good care of.

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Ripkabird38- Mainey34 and I were referring to the Phoenix Sulcatas with severe MBD/pyramiding that keep being posted on CL every few weeks for months, with the poster never answering emails. And I am also only interested in rescuing torts that are in need of medical care , stabilization and TLC for once in their lives.

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
BodaTort1 said:
Ripkabird38- Mainey34 and I were referring to the Phoenix Sulcatas with severe MBD/pyramiding that keep being posted on CL every few weeks for months, with the poster never answering emails. And I am also only interested in rescuing torts that are in need of medical care , stabilization and TLC for once in their lives.

Oh no... I didnt mean to quote. It was completely unrelated to the discussion. That is a Russian near me, and I was wondering how sick it looks. I only really want ones that a.re in bad shape. I dont know how a russian should look, but its setup is crap. Should I save it?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pet/3412155590.html

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Ripkabird98- I don't know much about Russians.. my torts are all Sullies. This guy def needs his/her beak trimmed and get rid of the sand, didn't see a UVB nor did she mention one and of course in wrong enclosure ( clear walls) but the positive it doesn't have pyramiding , and it's owners attempted to provide a good home albeit lacking a couple things. Like I said don't know Russians but it looks pretty good...

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
BodaTort1 said:
Ripkabird98- I don't know much about Russians.. my torts are all Sullies. This guy def needs his/her beak trimmed and get rid of the sand, didn't see a UVB nor did she mention one and of course in wrong enclosure ( clear walls) but the positive it doesn't have pyramiding , and it's owners attempted to provide a good home albeit lacking a couple things. Like I said don't know Russians but it looks pretty good...

Who is our local Russian expert?

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Ripkabird98 said:
BodaTort1 said:

Who is our local Russian expert?

TFO member, GBTortoise.