tortoise shell normal

Location (City and/or State)
west covina, CA
OK need some veteran advice noticed on my sulcata shell tends to look really dry and seems like it peels nothing to bad but the dryness is worrying me a bit..I soak and clean with a tooth brush about once a week. It has been really hot in west Covina CA. Any advice would help out thanks maybe its nothing also..p.s if the picture is not good let me knowDSC_0201.JPG

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Daily soaks for the little ones is a good idea. Is his enclosure kept humid?

west covina, CA
Daily soaks for the little ones is a good idea. Is his enclosure kept humid?

OK Jodie I will do. Now that its starting to warm up really good I'll start soaking more..yes the enclosure is kept humid. I keep the basking area and then another area on other side of closure where she can go of to hot..I try to keep more cool cause its been hot. My tortoise is about 1 1/2 years old BTW idk if that helps..

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Daily soaks will help, make sure he/she has a plant saucer of water available 24/7 as well. Your little one is just about the same age as my guy! :)

west covina, CA
Daily soaks will help, make sure he/she has a plant saucer of water available 24/7 as well. Your little one is just about the same age as my guy! :)
OK dawnH I'll get on top of that yeah there's a plant saucer of available in enclosure also one in yard..oh sweet do you have just one?? I believe mine is a female from what people have said on the forum