Tortoise table

Abby Fletcher

hi I have a 18month old leapord tortoise I had him in a vivarium however I wanted more space as he was growing quite fast so I was looking for either a bigger viv or a tortoise table and I have found large table and I have moved him in but he doesn't seem to eat as much and I'm abit worried about him with temperature and if he was happier in the viv also I put his old hide in their to make it more like home but now worried I won't be able to take it out can anyone tell me if I have don't the right thing and he's just adjusting it has only been a day and a half since I moved him in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It looks like your tortoise has been started too dry and is pyramiding.
Your new open topped table will likely continue the "too dry" condition. (And it's still way too small)
As for hiding. Any changes that large will make just about any tortoise hide for a while. It's traumatic. But he'll come around in another day or two.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I don't know a whole lot about Leopard care. But to raise humidity and stop pyramiding, it is helpful if you cover all or part of your enclosure and then wet the substrate.
It looks like your tortoise table may be made out of particle (pressed) board and it would fall apart if it got wet. So a whole new and larger enclosure would likely be required.
Lets ask @Yvonne G
She will know what to do.

Abby Fletcher

Thank you for you information I am reading up about pyramiding so hopefully can attempt to stop this before its to late he has been like this since I purchased him when he was 8 months so I just thought that was his shell type will definatly look into it more now

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
You will need to cover the table to hold heat and humidity in. This is how I did it.
0401161700.jpg
I built a cold frame over the table and covered it with plastic, just clear shower curtains works well.