TORTOISE/TURTLE ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

fel1958

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
tri states-pa.,n.y.,n.j.
I WAS DRIVING OVER HIGH POINT PARK IN N.J. AND THIS GUY WAS IN THE ROAD.I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO RUN HIM BACK INTO THE WOODS SO HE IS IN MY BACKYARD UNTILL THE WEEK END.....JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME WHAT HE XACTLY IS AND WHAT TYPE OF DIET,,,ETC.....YOU ALL WOULD SAVE ME THE SEARCH ON THE WEB AND THE INFO WILL BE MUCH BETTER..........FRANK

Attachments

• DSCF3348.JPG
    DSCF3348.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF3349.JPG
    DSCF3349.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF3350.JPG
    DSCF3350.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 33

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
box turtle

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Yay, I was right. I'm learning!
Thanks for getting him out of the road.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Agreed an Eastern box turtle, Terrapene carolina carolina, but it's a female and she was probably looking to lay eggs. She probably won't eat much but you can try night crawlers. :)

Danny

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
if it is native to where you are... take her back to where she was, find a goo d spot and let her go...

M

Maggie Cummings

They are territorial so be sure to take her back to that same area or she will spend her time trying to find her home area. Thanks so much for doing that, but I wouldn't try to feed her and don't put her with your resident animals, she's best left alone and quiet until you take her back. A nice long soak would be good tho...

fel1958

10 Year Member!
tri states-pa.,n.y.,n.j.
egyptiandan said:
Agreed an Eastern box turtle, Terrapene carolina carolina, but it's a female and she was probably looking to lay eggs. She probably won't eat much but you can try night crawlers. :)

Danny

great!!!! how do you know she is a female?i have her in an outdoor enclosure untill i can take her back where i found her.i need to get her into the woods and far from the road.should i wait?is it possible that she all ready laid eggs before i found her........

Laura said:
if it is native to where you are... take her back to where she was, find a goo d spot and let her go...

that is what im going to do this weekend.take her back to where i found her.

maggie3fan said:
They are territorial so be sure to take her back to that same area or she will spend her time trying to find her home area. Thanks so much for doing that, but I wouldn't try to feed her and don't put her with your resident animals, she's best left alone and quiet until you take her back. A nice long soak would be good tho...

how long should i wait to reuse the enclosure for my marginateds.

Status
Not open for further replies.