tortoise with RI

Sinnsyk

Location (City and/or State)
TN
one of my sulcata just recently got a RI i took it to the vet but that wasent much help they gave me some baytril and he is still currently on it about 4 days in every 12 hours and i think my other sulcata has very early symptoms of it and i seen online you can buy baytril but what the vet gave me is applied by mouth and its 22.7mg i was wondering if anyone can send me a link or point me in the right direction where i can purchase it to avoid another vet vist he currently weighs 60 grams and is still eatting but i would like to have some on hand just incase it turns out to be the he to has a Ri
current habitat is some shreded forest bark we got from the petstore with uvb bulb so at one end of the cage the temp is between 85-98 ish they do have a water dish they can walk in and out of to make sure they are soaking if i dont see them touch the water bowl i soak 3 times a week currently on same pellets they gave us at the petstore and they spend about 2-3 hours a day outside pretty much most time i can give them in current situation once aa week we go to store and get them some kind of veggie or treat and give it to them sparingly though the week they are separated pretty much separated them as soon as i noticed the first one had a RI and im thinking the stress of the car ride made him sick spent about 36 hours in the car from nevada

gave as much information as i could think of so maybe you guys can help come up with some sort of solution to better hit the problem on the head to pervent as much as i can for the little guys but any and all advice would be greatly appreciated i plan on having them next 50 years or so

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hi
Pics of the torts and their enclosure would help a lot ! Like the vet it's hard to help without seeing as much as we can . And what is your humidity and temps . ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1506386705.463472.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Regular temps need to be 80 all over and basking 95-100 with humidity at 80%.
Seeing the one has an RI raise the over all temp to 85 day and night.
Ask your vet for a prescription and then you can send it in to one of the online vet med places which of course I can't think of the name of any at this point.