Tortoise without heating lamp for several days

speedyTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Hello everyone! We are moving in a day, and have just packed our tortoises heating and uv lamp up. I know he can survive for weeks without his uv lamp, but can he survive without a heating lamp for 3 days? He is around 6-10 years old and he is a Russian tortoise.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Hello everyone! We are moving in a day, and have just packed our tortoises heating and uv lamp up. I know he can survive for weeks without his uv lamp, but can he survive without a heating lamp for 3 days? He is around 6-10 years old and he is a Russian tortoise.
Yes, I believe so, just Try to keep him warm as best as possible, (Warm water bottle)

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
They need heat for digestion and general welfare. I use a water bottle under a towel on short journeys in the UK winters. He should survive ensure hydration with shallow warm water soaks. When you arrive try to set him up as a priority with heat, light, food and water.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The tortoise should have a heat lamp whenever it is indoors, like at a hotel. If you have a portable outdoor cage, that works too. I would leave the lamp on it until the day you are actually doing the move. Are you driving for three days? If yes, try to keep the car warm.

speedyTortoise

North Carolina
Hello everyone, my tort has gone around a week without a heating lamp, how many more weeks can he survive? I know he needs a heat lamp and I am trying to find it as soon as possible, possibly tomorrow. Also, we are keeping the temperature around 78 degrees.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I personally would not worry terribly, just work on getting the heat source ASAP.