tortoiseworld.co.cc -legit or a fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinstringer

5 Year Member
Anyone familiar with these guys? Their prices are absurdly cheap and they are located supposedly in Cameroon making me even more unsure. Anyone have info on them?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I don't know this specific site, but anyone from cameroon, should be avoided , a total scam. Low prices plus cameroon no good.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I agree, if they are in cameroon, avoid it because you won't get a tortoise and you will loose your money...

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Agreed. Cameroon as far as I know from my importer friends, is not allowed to export to the US. Mozambique and Tanzania are goin to be your approved CITES to US countries, but they are getting very tough on almost every species of chelonians. So good luck. What are you looking for?

EricIvins

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Agreed. Cameroon as far as I know from my importer friends, is not allowed to export to the US. Mozambique and Tanzania are goin to be your approved CITES to US countries, but they are getting very tough on almost every species of chelonians. So good luck. What are you looking for?

I have two contacts in Cameroon that send shipments of both CITES and non-CITES animals every year.....Mostly Chameleons, but they also send rare Pelusios and other Turtles........

colinstringer

5 Year Member
tortadise said:

I'm about to buy my first Aldabra from Toucan Jungle. I came across this site and thought about reporting it but figured I'd post it here first!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
colinstringer said:
tortadise said:

I'm about to buy my first Aldabra from Toucan Jungle. I came across this site and thought about reporting it but figured I'd post it here first!

Might want to consider buying from one of Forum's breeders...in addition to a healthy specimen, you have contact w/ the folks who bred it, thus can get an answer to any questions in a timely manner...

That's a bargain.

jason g.

5 Year Member
Terry Allan Hall said:
Might want to consider buying from one of Forum's breeders...in addition to a healthy specimen, you have contact w/ the folks who bred it, thus can get an answer to any questions in a timely manner...

That's a bargain.

Agreed breeders on here have pic of the torts and plenty of people that can vouche for them. When I get a box turtle in a year or so I'm getting him here or a rescue cause I've talked to both and they seem to want the best for the torts/turtles and tell you the facts on what there needs are.

Status
Not open for further replies.