Tortstork

bozotony

Location (City and/or State)
Hialeah Florida
is tortstork reliable? I just purchased what seemed to be there last redfoot. Did i get scammed or are they legit? Also just read that they arnt shipping till may 27th so now im nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:

zovick

10 Year Member!
is tortstork reliable? I just purchased what seemed to be there last redfoot. Did i get scammed or are they legit? Also just read that they arnt shipping till may 27th so now im nervous.
The correct company name is Tortstork not Tortstock. Either way, Randy Betz is a reliable breeder and can be trusted.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have also done business with Randy. He is reliable and trustworthy. I've not seen anything but happy customers from all of his previous reviews. You are not being scammed. I'm so confident, that if he scams you, I will reimburse you out of my own pocket. I would not do that for just any seller.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have not dealt with him but yes TortStork is very reliable.

Now if you bought from a place called Tortstock then can't back them up.
It never occurred to me that it might be another company with a similar name... I just assumed it was a typo. I hope the OP will come back and let us know if we are talking about two different companies.

zovick

10 Year Member!
It never occurred to me that it might be another company with a similar name... I just assumed it was a typo. I hope the OP will come back and let us know if we are talking about two different companies.
A Google search for company name "TortStock" comes up with zero results. I think it is safe to believe that the use of that name by the OP was a typo.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I didnt think to Google it like Zovick did. So nice we take turns covering every corner lol.

elainelw

Leesburg
I had an excellent experience with TortStork. When COVID was first causing such disruptions with shippers, I was routinely getting packages late (many days late) from FedEx but didn't have problems with UPS. Randy usually shipped his tortoises via Fedex, but when I asked if he could use UPS for my Russian, he went out of his way to accommodate me. My little Russian arrived overnight as expected and in great condition.

Luka_01.JPG

RumWeatherReptiles

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Tortstork and Randy himself are extremely reliable. No need to worry. Not only will you get a healthy animal, packaged and shipped perfectly, but you are also buying access to the wealth of knowledge Tortstork can provide. I bought a cherry head from them 2 years ago and I still get quick responses if I have a question. Only place i will ever buy a tortoise now.

Attachments

• 2E881ADF-2905-4104-AE4E-44C12E14E37C.jpeg
    2E881ADF-2905-4104-AE4E-44C12E14E37C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 21B9B67A-9E80-4EFD-8AEF-56C4A224B0E1.jpeg
    21B9B67A-9E80-4EFD-8AEF-56C4A224B0E1.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 7

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Im the owner of Tortstork, not tortstock (though funny story, i once donated to a charity event and they advertised my company name on a huge sign as tortstock.com). Spell check sometimes defaults it to stock. Anyways, I spoke with bozotony and there was some minor worry on his end. We cleared it up. I’m actually sick with covid so i wasn’t responding to my emails promptly. So two hours after he purchased he thought there were issues. No issues. We cleared it up. Again, thank you everyone for all your kind words.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Im the owner of Tortstork, not tortstock (though funny story, i once donated to a charity event and they advertised my company name on a huge sign as tortstock.com). Spell check sometimes defaults it to stock. Anyways, I spoke with bozotony and there was some minor worry on his end. We cleared it up. I’m actually sick with covid so i wasn’t responding to my emails promptly. So two hours after he purchased he thought there were issues. No issues. We cleared it up. Again, thank you everyone for all your kind words.
Thanks for informing us that the OP was actually talking about you. I was afraid for a second that someone was trying to scam people playing off your name.
Glad to see you survived covid and everything got worked out.
Too funny about the mix up with stork and stock and now this. Who'd a thunk it. Lol

bozotony

Hialeah Florida
yea it was so a typo lol

tntcuts05

Lexington, Ky
is tortstock reliable? I just purchased what seemed to be there last redfoot. Did i get scammed or are they legit? Also just read that they arnt shipping till may 27th so now im nervous.
I just received two leopard tortoise for them last week. Randy is the best. Very reliable and responds to questions very quickly. My new babies are beautiful and active.