Trouble

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
M

Maggie Cummings

Trouble is being spayed as we speak!!! Maybe now my older cats will get to like her....

Prairie Mom

Just posting my cat pen for fun. I also think indoor cats are the way to go for those who can do it.
email angel cat enclosure.jpg

----------------------
I love when you talk about "Trouble." He makes for good entertainment on the forum:D I hope you find him a good home or he learns a few rules at home with you. I have a couple cats like Trouble. One is still obnoxious, but I love her. Our other cat was named "Beelzebob" by his previous owners who often called him "Bob." We changed his name to "Robert" which I think is both cute and dorky/funny. Robert took nearly a DECADE to settle down and not be a nuisance, so I wish you all the luck and patience in the world with Trouble!!!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Just posting my cat pen for fun. I also think indoor cats are the way to go for those who can do it.
View attachment 128989

----------------------
I love when you talk about "Trouble." He makes for good entertainment on the forum:D I hope you find him a good home or he learns a few rules at home with you. I have a couple cats like Trouble. One is still obnoxious, but I love her. Our other cat was named "Beelzebob" by his previous owners who often called him "Bob." We changed his name to "Robert" which I think is both cute and dorky/funny. Robert took nearly a DECADE to settle down and not be a nuisance, so I wish you all the luck and patience in the world with Trouble!!!
Happy, happy birthday!!!!!!!!
Have a great day.

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
View attachment 128989
Does that thin hardware cloth really keep your cats inside? :confused:
I always take in stray cats, it's impossible to keep them indoors. Last year I tried to build a cage like yours because my cat had a leg in plaster, but he simply ripped it apart...

Happy birthday! :D

M

Maggie Cummings

That's a beautiful cat! I just love cats, Trouble is home, played like hell last night, but didn't feel so good, so I gave her some pain meds, and now she's sedated. I should have thought about that a looong time ago. The adult cats still hate her...:)

Prairie Mom

Does that thin hardware cloth really keep your cats inside? :confused:
I always take in stray cats, it's impossible to keep them indoors. Last year I tried to build a cage like yours because my cat had a leg in plaster, but he simply ripped it apart...

Happy birthday! :D
Thanks for the birthday wishes:)

The enclosure is made of chicken wire. We used other strands of wire to "sew" the seams together so that there are no gaps. We've had the little set up for over a year with zero problems so far. I couldn't rip the wire without strong cutting clippers and the cats haven't done anything to it either. If you're really concerned about it, you can buy tougher welded wiring that you may find more suitable. The cats enter and leave through a pet door that we placed in a window. The window is open. In the opening there is a large piece of wood with a pet door screwed into it. We love it. The cats love it and we hope to enlarge it over time.

Prairie Mom

That's a beautiful cat! I just love cats, Trouble is home, played like hell last night, but didn't feel so good, so I gave her some pain meds, and now she's sedated. I should have thought about that a looong time ago. The adult cats still hate her...:)
Thanks. awww...you're a good cat Mom, Maggie! Hope trouble feels better and the other cats behave too!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I really like your outdoor cat pen!

Years ago we took in a stray cat. We tried so hard to convert her to an indoor kitty with no luck. We resorted to letting her stay outside but had her spayed, kept her fed and treated for fleas. I hated being associated with an outdoor cat! But it wasn't just the insane howling at night, ramming into windows or breaking blinds... I have 2 kids and they were too young to keep the patio door closed. They constantly let her back out. Plus, she'd take her frustration out on them. She couldn't get out, bam she'd bite my babies on the head.... Ok cat out you go!
When we moved to Oregon I couldn't just leave her but wouldn't take her either. So, we gave her to a friend. An older lady who lives alone with some other indoor cats. Our friend has successfully converted her into an indoor cat. Go figure LOL
But hey, I'm just happy that's 1 less cat on the streets. It's good for the neighborhood and good for the cat!

Prairie Mom

I really like your outdoor cat pen!

Years ago we took in a stray cat. We tried so hard to convert her to an indoor kitty with no luck. We resorted to letting her stay outside but had her spayed, kept her fed and treated for fleas. I hated being associated with an outdoor cat! But it wasn't just the insane howling at night, ramming into windows or breaking blinds... I have 2 kids and they were too young to keep the patio door closed. They constantly let her back out. Plus, she'd take her frustration out on them. She couldn't get out, bam she'd bite my babies on the head.... Ok cat out you go!
When we moved to Oregon I couldn't just leave her but wouldn't take her either. So, we gave her to a friend. An older lady who lives alone with some other indoor cats. Our friend has successfully converted her into an indoor cat. Go figure LOL
But hey, I'm just happy that's 1 less cat on the streets. It's good for the neighborhood and good for the cat!
Thanks:) I know what you mean about some cats being difficult to convert to "indoor cat." My parents had a cat that was found as a stray and was so desperate to be outside that it began jumping out of the second floor windows. I was standing in the room the first time he did it.I looked out the window horrified expecting to see a pancake cat and he was just standing in the grass looking up at me! The cat won the battle and got to spend his days outside. He was really good though and came inside when called.

How crazy that your old cat decided to make the change after you guys tried so hard! What a stinker! Oh well, glad she's doing well now:)