Crazy cat!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
When I adopted Ed Jones from YvonneG, she gave me a tour. It is amazing!!! :)

I'm afraid it's not so amazing now. Everything is falling apart, fences rotting, etc. and I don't have the money or the where-with-all (read ambition) to fix it.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I know, huh. She was going to get kicked back outside as soon as her spay scar healed up, but she really grew on me while she was in here. So she's an indoor cat now.
That's great! I like it better when my kitties stay inside too. Statistically they live longer when outdoor kitties. Though some feral cats can never be fully domesticated. I used to have one that was following me on 2 mile walk around my area, right my my ankles the whole time, he'd stay right by my side while I was gardening, would come inside during a day to eat and nap on my kitchen windowsill with my indoor kitties, but would never stay inside at night. He was freaking out, jumping on the patio door knob until I let him out. I had to make him a warm kitty house in the garage right outside the entrance door to the house, and leave the garage door crack open for him all the time. He was a gorgeous brown tabby like your Sleeping Beauty on your coffee table in the bowl-nest, only he had much less white on him. Gosh, I miss that cat! He was with us for some 12 or 13 yrs then one day he went out and never came back. I used to "hear" his loud "good morning meow" outside my kitchen for couple yrs and would run out looking for him... All your fur babies are so pretty! I love that dilute calico too! And that gorgeous ginger kitty... ahhh

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh and the black one! All beautiful!

Yeah, I'm pretty fond of cats too. The black one on the roof is very old, about 20. And he is starting to look pretty thin, even though he eats a lot, plus he has a tumor on his gums that makes him drool. I'm going to have to have him euthanized before winter. I hate that.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Yeah, I'm pretty fond of cats too. The black one on the roof is very old, about 20. And he is starting to look pretty thin, even though he eats a lot, plus he has a tumor on his gums that makes him drool. I'm going to have to have him euthanized before winter. I hate that.
I'm sorry to hear that. It is such a hard thing to do.

Maitaimommy

I had to do that with my mom's cat. She was in her early twenties and having numerous health problems. Not an easy decision at all!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sterling, keeping me company amongst the newspaper mess she made, while I'm on the computer:

Sterling 8-8-17.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Playing in the trash basket entertains her for quite a long time - I was going to say "hours on end", but if only!

Sterling 8-8-17 a.jpg Sterling 8-8-17 b.jpg

Pearly

5 Year Member
Sterling, keeping me company amongst the newspaper mess she made, while I'm on the computer:

View attachment 215103
Wow! She is a very confident kitty! Exposing her tummy like this is a big deal. She is both confident and feeling very comfortable around you in your home. She has probably claimed your home as her own turf and you as hers to keep. My Maxi is like that too. My friend brings her 105 lbs rescue puppy to visit us and the poor dog is scared of my cat. He cowers when Max gets up from his seat. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1502215185.965924.jpg he turns on his back all the time ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1502215326.366408.jpg my contortionist likes to stretch his body where his butt faces in one direction and his chest in the oppositeImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1502215627.398944.jpg something like that. Yes, I think your Sterling is a very special kitty Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! She is a very confident kitty! Exposing her tummy like this is a big deal. She is both confident and feeling very comfortable around you in your home. She has probably claimed your home as her own turf and you as hers to keep. My Maxi is like that too. My friend brings her 105 lbs rescue puppy to visit us and the poor dog is scared of my cat. He cowers when Max gets up from his seat. View attachment 215136 he turns on his back all the time View attachment 215137 my contortionist likes to stretch his body where his butt faces in one direction and his chest in the oppositeView attachment 215139 something like that. Yes, I think your Sterling is a very special kitty Yvonne

What a pretty kitty. But I don't envy you the brushing and mat removal.

Pearly

5 Year Member
What a pretty kitty. But I don't envy you the brushing and mat removal.
Nope! No brushing! He hates it! I got him when he was already 13 months old and he came with some bad habits, like biting or simply getting away from me when I try to brush his coat or teeth, or clean his ears. My both forearms look like an old junkie with so many scars from his claws during play time (yep, I always think I can get away but he's always faster than my 51 yr old nerve reflexes. :) I have only given him a bath 3 times in 8 yrs that he's been with us. One would have to wear space suit giving him a bath to be protected from Maxi's sharp claws bcs when he wants to go, there is no stopping him. He does a great job grooming himself. And only for short period every late spring/early Summer he may get couple of matts on his chest or belly and we just cut those out and he doesn't mind that :)

Rachael403

NE, USA
Here is one of our cat children. She is two years old this month and came to us very traumatized at 4 weeks old. She still has her moments but is a sweet cat. Meet Faith:

image000000 (2).jpg image000000 (1).jpg image000000.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I sent my New Jersey Grand daughter a baby box turtle a few weeks ago, and today I found this box of toys at my gate from her. She met Sterling when she was here for a visit and sent her some toys.

toys b.jpg

But Sterling was only interested in the fact that her food dish is empty:
toys c.jpg

However, Misty is pretty interested in the tunnel:
toys d.jpg

And when I looked behind me Little Missy Kitty was pretty interested in the goings on:
toys g.jpg

"O-o-o-o-o a tunnel!!!:
toys i.jpg toys k.jpg

While Sterling is terribly interested in the packing paper and a new box!!
toys l.jpg

But wait - what's this?
toys n.jpg toys p.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I guess today I'll have to pick up the newspaper mess. I have a stack of newspapers that I use to start fire in the wood stove. It is there for the sole purpose of entertaining Sterling. These pictures are from just a few minutes ago:

Sterling 8-24 a.jpg Sterling 8-24 b.jpg Sterling 8-24 c.jpg Sterling 8-24 e.jpg

And finally - peace at last:

Sterling 8-22-17 b.jpg