Two little ladies need homes Baltimore, MD

jazd5266

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I have to lovely little ladies that I can't care for like they deserve. They are both russian tortoises, one is about 5" the other 7". It's weird how they came to me, a friend of mine rescued them from someone who was going to release them. But was then going to send them to her son, who has had quite a few animals perish under his care.
Out of fear, I asked to take care of them.
I am not knowledgeable enough or have enough time to care for them like they truly deserve. I care for them and want them to go to a home where they will be loved and taken care of like they need and deserve.
They are housed separately, because they hate each other.
Their names are Bol'shaya and Malen'kaya. Bol'shaya is the larger tortoise, she is spunky and seems fast for a tortoise. Malen'kaya is the smaller tortoise, she's shy and sweet. I think they are about 12.
I hope someone is interested in adopting these ladies to give them what they need and I cannot provide.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
I have to lovely little ladies that I can't care for like they deserve. They are both russian tortoises, one is about 5" the other 7". It's weird how they came to me, a friend of mine rescued them from someone who was going to release them. But was then going to send them to her son, who has had quite a few animals perish under his care.
I am not knowledgeable enough or have enough time to care for them like they truly deserve. I care for them and want them to go to a home where they will be loved and taken care of like they need and deserve.
Their names are Bol'shaya and Malen'kaya. Bol'shaya is the larger tortoise, she is spunky and seems fast for a tortoise. Malen'kaya is the smaller tortoise, she's shy and sweet. I think they are about 12.
I hope someone is interested in adopting these ladies to give them what they need and I cannot provide.
Do you have pictures of the tortoises? There are multiple subspecies of Russian Tortoise and pictures will help to positively identify them down to the subspecies.

Jennpaints

Pasadena, MD
I live in the Baltimore area but have redfoots and may be taking in some more rescues this week.

You could try the Mid Atlantic Turtle and Tortoise society (MATTS), they’re great and vet people for taking proper care of animals needing homes. They have some members in the Baltimore area.

Solarpunkguy

Colorado
Are you still looking to rehome them?