Ugh- where do I even start?

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Why are people like this?View attachment 242323View attachment 242324
They won’t listen to a word I say. Apparently it’s fine because they observed the lizard in the wild, and even though they’re countries apart, there have been a few sightings of them together in the wild. But oh, they know what they’re doing of course...

(Save me lol)
Every tortoise wants a lizard for a best friend. Maybe I will set a playdate up for Sheldon and an asian water monitor. Just joking, what the heck is wrong with people?

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Every tortoise wants a lizard for a best friend. Maybe I will set a playdate up for Sheldon and an asian water monitor. Just joking, what the heck is wrong with people?

Right? Who looks at a tortoise, and thinks “hmmm, why don’t I house a random lizard with my tortoise in a 50 gallon tank?”

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Care needs to be taken when dealing with "rescues"
At least the one posted on the last page seems to be trying with horrible information. (And will likely harm or kill the animal with it)
More often than not, A RESCUE is a hoarder or a flat out reseller of animals, just interested in a buck. A while ago, I had the misfortune of dealing with two such people: A fellow named ANDREW in Hollywood Florida that takes in animals people have entrusted him with and sells them off. Many times they are sick and dying.(See my Queen Bertha threads)He couldn't care less about who buys them or what becomes of them and tried ripping off a few members including @Animal Lady.
And there's a fellow down in south Miami. He even has "adoption papers" and questions and seems quite legitimate. But he is a hoarder of all sorts of animals and doesn't care about anything but the money. He actually came on this forum once or twice and both times I called him on his practices and lies.
A real rescue is just that. A rescue. And as most of us know that have been there, rescuing an animal means either keeping it, or finding a great, safe forever home as best as you can. And many times that involves actually losing money. Sometimes LOTS of money (search my Queen Bertha threads)
It also includes further learning and trying to make the animal as safe and healthy as it can be. Otherwise, you're just another idiot Well meaning or not. And your animals will suffer for it.
So many of our members are such great keepers.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I went over there to Reptile Amino, and couldn't understand the format.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I went over there to Reptile Amino, and couldn't understand the format.

Yeah, the format is weird. You did use the app, right? The website doesn’t work. To find it, you have to download an app called “Amino”, and then search for a community. Ours is called “Reptile Amino”, and we have 15,000 members in growing.

It’s perfectly fine if you don’t join, but it would be nice to have more tortoise keepers(that know what they’re doing)to help regulate the ones that don’t. Right now, it’s just me and two other people that have turtles. It’s a handful, lol.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Yeah, the format is weird. You did use the app, right? The website doesn’t work. To find it, you have to download an app called “Amino”, and then search for a community. Ours is called “Reptile Amino”, and we have 15,000 members in growing.

It’s perfectly fine if you don’t join, but it would be nice to have more tortoise keepers(that know what they’re doing)to help regulate the ones that don’t. Right now, it’s just me and two other people that have turtles. It’s a handful, lol.
I downloaded the app and signed up but honestly I can't really figure out how to use it lol

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I don't know about the Reptile Amino. I kind feel like the creepy old dude that everyone is wondering why is thereo_O