another "tortoise house" promotion on GST - ugh

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Ok so I really like Garden State Tortoise and their videos are so good compared the other stuff out there, but man it drives me crazy when they do shills for the 2' x 3' tortoise "houses." There is a new video today, I don't even want to link to it. All the comments are full of "yes I keep my tortoise in one of these". I know they are careful to say its for short term use or for juveniles, but NO ONE buys these for that, they buy them to keep their tortoises in as a main form of houses from babies and to adults if they will physically fit. How many tortoises spend their miserable lives in these tiny spaces...its so sad and disappointing

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yeah, I really like them too. However, there are a few things they do I don't agree with. They are members here, have seen proof of a lot of things, but still they stick to their way.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, I really like them too. However, there are a few things they do I don't agree with. They are members here, have seen proof of a lot of things, but still they stick to their way.
He hasn't visited the Forum in over a year.

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Ok so I really like Garden State Tortoise and their videos are so good compared the other stuff out there, but man it drives me crazy when they do shills for the 2' x 3' tortoise "houses." There is a new video today, I don't even want to link to it. All the comments are full of "yes I keep my tortoise in one of these". I know they are careful to say its for short term use or for juveniles, but NO ONE buys these for that, they buy them to keep their tortoises in as a main form of houses from babies and to adults if they will physically fit. How many tortoises spend their miserable lives in these tiny spaces...its so sad and disappointing
The Toad Ranch pvc enclosures they use in most of the videos are great. I agree that the video of the tortoise house (open top) today should have been designated as strictly for temporary housing.