Unacceptable dog breed list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Yes had dogs all my life and 2 of my kids got bitten for the first time last year visiting a friend with a chiuahua(spell error sorry) , nasty little thing.It got us as we were leaving her house after a visit-drew blood too.

She jokes lucky it wasn't any bigger
I didn't think it was very funny actually.:(

And I am sure there are very nice versions of this breed out there but I have not met one yet.

I have a husky-wouldn't hurt anyone and Great pyrenees, great dogs. Terrier mix is probably my best people guard!

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Fernando said:
Hello everyone!

Most of you probably don't know this but I'm an Insurance agent for a major insurance carrier here in California and we have an "unacceptable dog breed list" or black list that we have to follow in order for us to insure prospective clients.

Here is is:

Akita
Chow Chow
Doberman Pinscher
Huskey (Eskimo dog)
Presa Canario
Rottweiler
Staffordshire Terrier (Pit bull)
Staffordshire bull terrier
Wolf hybrid
Bull Terrier (including miniature)
German shepherd

*some of our carriers will exclude a bull mastiff*

Would you agree with this list? Have you had personal experience or have heard of stories about a specific breed? Would there be a breed that you would include in this list?

I'd love to know your thoughts on this...

You know what sad, some of these dogs are great breeds. I would say all but I haven't know some of breeds.
My Dad once told me one of the best Dad he ever owned was a Huskey.

A Rottweiler save my young sister from being hit from a speeding cop car.

I've never had any problems with a chow.

I'm kinda surprised to see AKita on the list. Never seen/meet a mean Akita, a hyper one yeah!

I don't think any dog should be on a list. Humans however, there should be a list for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.