UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSaenz

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
La Mirada, CA
I saw this on Craigslist...

I wish I had the money to save this poor little tort!!!!

Year old Sulcata tortus & all necessities for sale - $150

***MARKED DOWN FROM $250 TO $150***

Her name is Ninja and she comes with food to last another year. It also includes a custom made crate with glow in the dark sand, her feeding dish, and both lights needed for her survival. She is the most low maintenance pet possible to have, and will live up top 200 years old so she can be passed down to future generations. She can go an entire year without eating ( although she will eat ever day if you feed her), and DOES NOT NEED WATER!! Water is actually bad for her respiratory system so she never drinks, and is given a quick bath in luke warm water once every week or two. Please call with any questions.

(925) 785-6977

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/2790113788.html

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Man that is terrbile. Can go a year without eating, and water is bad for it?

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
OK..WOW...

1st..everything needs water!!...they can't live without it.
that is so sad, Obviously this person is not very educated on turtles/tortoise. I hope whoever gets him/her treats it better.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I sent them an email hopefully to get them a little educated and to change their ad to have the correct info. I would like to know where they got it from. Those people also need some educating!

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Oh please - there must be someone nearby who can rescue this guy? I would contribute....

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
We've got a saying (actually a couple sayings) in Texas.....Dumber than a bag of hammers or Dumber than a box of rocks....I think both apply here.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Makes you wonder at that "comes with food to last a year" .

Ksanroman

5 Year Member
They live near me! I am now currently saving money for the little one. If anyone else wants her I'm 17 with little money so it may take awhile for me so if you can help her now please do!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I also sent an email. I approached the person with the hope that they were just given wrong information...also referred them to the Forum so they can research a bit in hopes they will see the contrast in the care guidelines.....that tortoise looks surprisingly good if the add is indicative of care to date....

Ksanroman

5 Year Member
Ksanroman said:
They live near me! I am now currently saving money for the little one. If anyone else wants her I'm 17 with little money so it may take awhile for me so if you can help her now please do!

If anyone wants a Droid 2 I'm now selling one in order to buy this little one.

Ksanroman said:
If anyone wants a Droid 2 I'm now selling one in order to buy this little one.

It's sold ):<

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Go for it Katherine!!!! I hope you get the little guy. Keep us in the loop.

Ksanroman

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Go for it Katherine!!!! I hope you get the little guy. Keep us in the loop.

I said its sold(bad me) I meant she's sold.): I'm so disappointed I was dancing around my boyfriends living room ecstatic about getting a new baby then I got the text saying she was sold.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, heck...I thought you meant you sold the Droid.

Ksanroman

5 Year Member
Yeah I didn't think when I wrote it, but it's so unfortunate that the person who bought the tort will now probably raise it the same way and I just feel so bad.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ksanroman said:
Yeah I didn't think when I wrote it, but it's so unfortunate that the person who bought the tort will now probably raise it the same way and I just feel so bad.

If you want to drive up here to Clovis, I have a couple of sulcatas you can choose from - no fee adoption. One is 4 years old, I know for sure, and the other was "found" so don't know his age, but he's slightly bigger than the 4 year old. He weighs 17lbs. I just have to see some really good pictures of your yard (where you're going to keep him) so I can be sure he's going to a safe place. They've started fighting, so I have to try to place them ASAP, as they're in my only quarantine pen.

Ksanroman

5 Year Member
I actually have two right now each about six months and I don't to want to get one significantly bigger then them since they are kept together, and since pairs are bad I'm looking into getting a new tort but was hoping to rescue one. But thank you so much for that offer that is so wonderful of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.